CRE convention question - Posted by Jim C

Posted by HR on December 12, 2000 at 19:49:48:

Jim,

The convention is a reunion of sorts for many of us. It’s a chance to meet others whose posts we have read, a chance to meet in person with old buddies we have made thru rei and this website, and a chance to make new friends. Don’t miss it.

HR

CRE convention question - Posted by Jim C

Posted by Jim C on December 12, 2000 at 18:30:15:

Is the 2001 CRE convention good for beginners? Or will I not understand most of it? I don’t know a whole lot about Real Estate Investing, but I know some, and I’m anxious to get started. I just don’t want to go to the convention and feel lost the entire time I’m there.

I don’t want people giving me looks like I don’t belong there, either. I mean I’m young, so I will expect that from people. They probably won’t take me seriously. I just want to be able to learn more so that I can have the confidence and knowledge to get my Real Estate Investing started.

Thanks.

Re: CRE convention question - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on December 12, 2000 at 22:38:57:

Jim,

I was reading posts on this board for a longgggggg time before I attended the convention last year and LET ME TELL YOU…I sure wish I had went to one of these creonline conventions sooner! It was the best money I spent all year. There is soooo much you learn, I mean really you will learn so much your head will hurt! This convention truly is PRICELESS!

And like Johnboy said, you’ll be so pumped and ready to do a deal from all the info you learned when you get home…Come to the convention, I promise, no one will look at you funny!

Hope to see you there,

CAREY

P.S. I was newbie when I attended the convention in March and I’ll STILL be a newbie when I attend in 2001!

Re: CRE convention question - Posted by AnnNC

Posted by AnnNC on December 12, 2000 at 21:08:26:

It’s a very friendly group. There will be lots of other new people there, too. In the meantime, post your state when you post, so that you can find out who else from your area is going. Bring your business cards, or make some for the occasion, and plan to collect as many as you can while there, or any contact numbers. There will likely be
a bulletin board to post people looking for other
people, or ads for properties. Try to get familiar with
the lingo by continuing to read here, and use the archives to check out unfamiliar terms. Look at the posts.
I also find it’s better to have some courses to tie it
all together. Reading the posts is helpful, but they are all over the place, not in an outline form that helps you organize like a book or course notebook. (Except that there are archives now). I need both.

Make a notebook of all the subjects and your questions.
Also, attend a few REIA meetings in your area if you can, they often have speakers, sometimes on non-meeting nights. They don’t ask what you do for a living, or when you’re going to quit your J.O.B, or how many years experience you have. Once the agenda is posted, look up the speakers and read their articles on this board or elsewhere.
For example, the keynote speaker will be Roger Dawson,
I was able to get his 12(?)-tape audio course on negotiation from the local library. I’ll review it again before the convention.

For every one snarly person ( I acutally met one!) at the convention, there will be, what is is now, about
400 nice people, many of them with decades of experience, many new, all helpful on some level.
After all, it’s the creonline.com convention, so who
do you think is attending? WE lovely folks!

Hope to see you there!
Ann

Re: CRE convention question - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on December 12, 2000 at 21:01:06:

Jim,
The convention is the BEST place for a “Newbie” to be.
If there is any way at all you can attend, I suggest you do.
I have attended the last two years.
My first was in Dallas, two years ago.
That convention, along with the course/books I bought there, and the friends, mentors and other newbies I met have enabled me to be my own boss.
Sadly, it looks as though I will have to miss this next convention, due to another family obligation. A wedding in which I am the best man, therefore, I cannot miss it…darn them anyway!
I even tried to talk to couple into picking a different date for there wedding. How sad is that?
Anyway, I went last year, and have to admit, I did not attend some of the speakers, and instead “Hung out” with some old friends, and new ones talking REI, and doing some general networking. I think I slept a grand total of 6 hours the entire weekend.
I bought some properties, and had a GREAT TIME!
I will greatly miss being there this time around, and surely will attend when I can in the future.
I now look forward to learning more about REI as well as going for a reunion of sorts.
Creonliner’s are like family, and you will soon learn this if you stick around.

So, go to the convention, you will learn a lot, and get HUNGRY for more.

Good luck, and if anything changes, I will be there.
Otherwise, I’ll see you at the following years convention.

Take care,
Jim IL

Re: CRE CONVENTION FOR NEWBIES ? YOU BET IT IS! - Posted by Jim Rayner

Posted by Jim Rayner on December 12, 2000 at 20:49:11:

IS THE CREONLINE CONVENTION FOR NEWBIES ? YOU BET IT IS!

In addition to those that JP has mentioned I will add something of a very personal note because it involves a newbie very close to me. Without getting into the whole story let?s just say that this young man needed an attitude adjustment so after several months of often painful preparation, the CREonline convention became the stage for the final scene of that attitude adjustment and the start of a whole new way of life for this young man.

There have been others that have had great success as a result of finding the CRE family, one just has to read the success stories and the newsgroups to see the results. However despite my success as an investor I feel that the life changing events that this family at Creonline brought to my son and other newbies is a far greater accomplishment, an accomplishment in which we all share a role. The following is taken from a letter I wrote just hours after arriving back in Boston the day after the last convention.

?In January I asked him to accompany me to Atlanta, because by that time he had clearly become a different person ready to begin to receive the knowledge and the power of the CREO Family. He accepted my invitation knowing nothing of what to expect and totally clueless that he was about be transformed, to suddenly be empowered with the knowledge and the support of the most giving group of individuals sharing a common goal of FREEDOM that I have ever found. CREO is a Community of which I?m proud to be a part.

It was the most incredible experience of my life, to see that moment when the third person walked over to us on Thursday night and asked my son ?are you the one that?s been working for nothing for your dad.? The look on his face when he realized that he had been set up will be forever burned into my fondest memories. Needless to say the rest of the weekend one incredible moment after another as person after person and speaker after speaker began the process of empowering this young man with the knowledge to find his Freedom and the knowledge to begin to understand even his own father. So while I?m writing this thank you to all of you he has already gone back to work for a few hours to finish a clean up for March First.

THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO TOUCHED OUR LIVES THIS WEEK END FOR AS TERRY SAID IN HIS CLOSING REMARKS ?..YOUR WORDS HAVE CHANGED OUR LIVES ?

We will be there and are looking forward meeting our old friends and a lot of ?new? ones too.

Re: CRE convention question - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on December 12, 2000 at 20:45:21:

Jim,
Now is the perfect time to go. After you’ve picked up a bit more knowledge, you’ll have a hard time attending the speakers because you’ll want to be catching up with “old friends” (no offense intended to the CREO statesmen - you know who you are!). The main reason I went last year was to meet folks and I made some good friends with whom I still stay in touch outside of CREO. Don’t miss it.

Re: CRE convention question - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on December 12, 2000 at 19:17:08:

Jim,

This convention is for people ESPECIALLY like you that are just getting started!!! This will absolutely just BLOW YOUR MIND!!!

People giving you looks like you don’t belong there??? NONSENSE!!! YOU ESPECIALLY BELONG THERE if you are just starting out!!! You will be so pumped and so energized from attending you won’t be able to wait until you get back home to start putting the stuff you learn to use! This IS A MUST ATTEND!!!

DON’T EVEN THINK ABOUT NOT GOING!!!

Re: CRE convention question - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on December 12, 2000 at 19:01:14:

Hi Jim,

If Justin Lee and Amanda Schaible could do it, so can you.
Justin and Amanda were TEENAGERS when they joined our
Convention in 1998! You can read their Success Story
at: http://www.creonline.com/ss-98.com

Here’s part of what they said:

"My partner, Amanda, and I saved up for 3 months
in order to attend the CRE Online Convention last
March. After it was over, we knew without a doubt
in our minds that we could do it! We were energized!

…if you haven’t been to the CRE Online Convention
yet, you need to go!!! After returning from Dallas we
knew without a doubt that we would be successful in
real estate."

Here are a few more happy “newbies”:

“AWESOME. Thank you from a newbie. Your convention
has been inspirational. Well worth the LOW COST.
Looking forward to next year.”
–Scott Cooper

“Unbelievably valuable! I’m a newbie - gave me focus,
hope and a template for success.”
–Bobbie Congress

“Outstanding! I’m new to this and the spectrum of
speakers and topics is what I needed. I’m ready to
get rolling.”
–Scott A. Bell

I hope this answers your question, Jim.

JP

Jim from Peoria? - Posted by Sam

Posted by Sam on December 18, 2000 at 19:53:39:

Is this Jim from Peoria. My wife and I met a Jim last year but lost his info.

A resourceful guy - Posted by Chicago Steve

Posted by Chicago Steve on December 15, 2000 at 10:43:38:

I seem to recall you being a pretty resourceful guy Jim.

Have you tried moving the wedding to Atlanta?