cranking up the business - Posted by jerry

Posted by Scott on July 24, 2001 at 14:28:05:

Can you say Direct Mail? Everyone has their own opinions but I’m big fan of pushing the envelope with whatever type of sellers you are trying to target. If you in a disclosure state then should be companies that sell lists such as absentee owners of properties(www.dataquick.com) and then crank up the mailings. If your willing to spend $1000, then in bulk rate mail postage you fingers will wear out stuffing envelopes. However, you’ll get more calls you probably know what to do with.

cranking up the business - Posted by jerry

Posted by jerry on July 24, 2001 at 14:22:40:

What’s other investors experience been with their numbers to crank up the business? If you get 100 phone calls per month, how many offers do you make, how many deals do you close? Will $1,000 per month in marketing be enough to bring in the motivated sellers? Anyone had experience with signs and yellow pages? Where do you get cheap signs?

Re: cranking up the business - Posted by J. CA

Posted by J. CA on July 24, 2001 at 15:09:41:

If you’re going to spend $1000/month on the cheap forms of advertising used by most investors, then I hope you have I good voicemail system to take all those calls or you can expect your ear to wear off :slight_smile:

In addition to Scott’s mention of direct mail. You’ve also got signs and posters (if legal in your area), bulletin board ads, classified ads, business cards (handed out and stuck in drivers-side window of cars), flyers and doorhangers delivered to every house, bird dogs, realtors… plenty of ways, and you can impliment them all for under that $1000 line you mentioned.