Could we return to those days of yesteryear? - Posted by Chris

Posted by Eric Evans on February 10, 2006 at 22:47:29:

I know exactly what he is talking about. I have seen Ed, understandably, block certain posts of a few people who come on here and just blanket posts with an ad basically. They truly offer no useful info and there purpose is only to advertise, usually very randomly. Kudos for Ed catching all these people.

Could we return to those days of yesteryear? - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on February 09, 2006 at 18:34:24:

I have not been on this board in mos.-however it seem s to have changed-you used to be able to get a lot of info. on lenders-now they all get blanked out-why-it is so less informative than it used to be-Cobra

Re: I’ll give you something from yesteryear? - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on February 10, 2006 at 24:04:49:

Chris, you want something from yesteryear, I?ll give you something from yesteryear.

You?ve got to bear in mind, that in financing we experience many challenges. So with no further ado, I?m going to give you an old post of yesteryear sent to me by my old friend Ray Alcorn. Financing or no financing, there?s much to be learned from it, I hope you enjoy it.

Hi Ed,

Funny you should post that.

This past week I was touched by the passing of Clayton Moore, whom I remember as the one and only “Lone Ranger.” His death stirred memories for me of countless Saturday mornings spent laying on the floor in front of the television watching cartoons. On our local stations, several westerns and half-hour dramas followed the morning cartoons. I would time my getting ready for the day’s play so that I could be dressed and ready to go before “Sky King” came on, another favorite, followed by the grand finale for the day, that week’s installment of The Lone Ranger. To me, he was the epitome of whatever notion I had at the time of a good man. Issues of right and wrong, character and consequences were always the central focus of the show. The principles that governed the outcomes were summarized in ?The Lone Ranger Creed?, which is what your post reminded me of. I had forgotten that creed until the newspaper reporting the story printed it as a sidebar.

The biggest attraction of the show for me was the repeated triumph of the Lone Ranger against seemingly overwhelming odds. Even as a youngster, I seemed to have been drawn to achieving what ?wiser? minds said couldn?t be done. Put simply, I have often found myself swimming upstream against a strong breeze, with a crowd on shore yelling for me to get out of the water lest I drown. The perseverance and persistence displayed by the Lone Ranger and Tonto was for me confirmation that one person can and does make a difference, and that if you ?did good?, you would ?get good?. That we are punished for bad behavior by the bad consequences that result. That bad things can happen to good people, but they can prevail and even benefit from the experience. Those were powerful lessons that I carry with me to this day. Over the years I have seen many more eloquent and trendy books, tapes and programs on the subjects, but the simple principles espoused in the creed are as true today as on those Saturday mornings so long ago. Like you, I have fallen far short of the precepts, but I hold firmly the aspiration for progress toward the ideal.

With that framing my vision for this new millennium, I pass on a nugget from the one just past.

The Lone Ranger Creed

"I believe that to have a friend, a man must be one.

That all men are created equal and that everyone has within himself the power to make this a better world.

That God put the firewood there but that every man must gather and light it himself.

In being prepared physically, mentally, and morally to fight when necessary for that which is right.

That a man should make the most of what equipment he has.

That ‘This government, of the people, by the people and for the people’ shall live always.

That men should live by the rule of what is best for the greatest number.

That sooner or later… somewhere…somehow… we must settle with the world and make payment for what we have taken.

That all things change but truth, and that truth alone, lives on forever.

In my Creator, my country, my fellow man."

The Lone Ranger
(written by Fran Striker)

Re: Could we return to those days of yesteryear? - Posted by Patrick S. Lawson

Posted by Patrick S. Lawson on February 09, 2006 at 20:49:46:

I have not noticed any “blanking out”. What do you want to know about lenders.

They will take your money if you let them…lol.

Well, I don’t know about the blanking, but I have noticed a “cooling” I think people are waiting to see if rates go to 15% next month.

Re: I’ll give you something from yesteryear? - Posted by Liliana

Posted by Liliana on February 14, 2006 at 07:49:26:

I like this post!

Even when I’m down and hate that things aren’t going the way I’d like them to, I always do think that “things happend for a reason” and after a while, things get better even if they get bad again. I guess the key is to never, never, never quit (Winston Churchill). There is no worst failure than not trying.

Liliana