Convention Questions - Posted by Berwyn

Posted by Sandy FL on December 29, 1998 at 07:51:16:

Yes you will be able to hear all the speakers, they are
back to back, not concurrent. Of course it will be worth your while to go, you don’t even know at this point how worth it, it will be! I hope to meet you there.

Sandy FL

Convention Questions - Posted by Berwyn

Posted by Berwyn on December 28, 1998 at 22:51:42:

I’ve been doing some figuring and think I might be able to make the convention after all (I can save nearly $300 on air fare by driving to Minneapolis instead of flying from home).

I know you’re all gona say “YES”, but I’ll ask anyway. Will a person relatively new to REI get enough out of this to make it worthwhile?

I got Lonnie’s books last week, and enclosed was a flier for his seminar in Dallas on March 3, coincidentally the day before the convention. Anybody planning to do both? I see he is also lecturing at the convention.

Do the lectures at the convention run concurrently or can a person get to all of them? (I’ve been to a number of weekend functions where you had to choose between classes held at the same time)

Anything much happen Sunday of the event? The sooner I can nail down plane reservations the better.

Re: Convention Questions - Posted by MilNC

Posted by MilNC on December 30, 1998 at 08:09:19:

I’m glad for SandyFL’s post. I hate it when you have to choose. I have been to a lot of professional conventions and I’ve NEVER seen a bargain like this.
My experience with professional conventions in allied health care is no food included, no hotel included, and concurrent sessions --all of which you need and the price is still $400 for 2 days.

OK, Here is my current game plan. Read many post, read many articles (have done so and continue to do so)
study several courses, incorporate, get business cards so I can network do ANY type of deal as best I can, go to convention ( I’ve already registered primarily to get the hotel deal and to
be able to stay in the same hotel as the convention)to network and and build on knowledge and experience. If convention were this weekend I’d still go, but I think between now and March, I have a chance to get my feet wet-so much the better.

Re: Convention Questions - Posted by Jackie in Dallas

Posted by Jackie in Dallas on December 29, 1998 at 19:49:27:

All the books and courses out there don’t compare to the extensive education you’ll get at the convention.

Of course each one of the speakers cannot possibly go over every detail of what they teach in their courses on the few hours they will have to educate us - BUT it’s the stuff they talk about that’s NOT in the courses or books that is the REAL education.

Networking with other investors - some new - some like me with just a fews years experience under their belt -and some that have 10, 15, 20 or more years experience
is equally valuable to the speakers talks.

If you really want to jump start your real estate career find a way to make it to the convention!

You might try flipping just one little contract for a few thousand dollars - that should cover the cost of the convention PLUS some! You have plenty of time to do a few flips.

Absolute Must - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on December 29, 1998 at 09:51:31:

Don’t miss it. In this business, you make more money if you have more tools, each speaker will teach you which tool they use the most, and how they focus on this business, and that will give you an area of concentration. You come home with information that would have taken you years to get to.

David Alexander