Condos - Posted by Chuck-Ohio

Posted by JoeKaiser on October 31, 2000 at 23:17:10:

www.ibuycondos.com

Condos - Posted by Chuck-Ohio

Posted by Chuck-Ohio on October 31, 2000 at 18:25:13:

I am curious how everyone feels about condos. I previously lived in a condo complex that was about 10 years old. 2 bdrms and full basement. All very well maintained by the condo assoc. I’ve seen several FSBO’s and am interested in possibly making an offer. They would make great rentals as they are in a very up and coming area. My question is would this be a good idea? Im wondering if I would get into difficulties with the condo association/board. If I could get a few of the condos for rent, would they be concerned about the complex going rental?

Thanks for any input…

Re: I like Condos - Posted by JohnG

Posted by JohnG on October 31, 2000 at 20:19:27:

Some people don’t like condos. You have to deal wiith condo fees as well as the condo association - sometimes can be overrun with people who have nothing better to do than make life miserable for everyone else.

Having said that, I like them as investment properties for future re-sale. Reason being, I can get as much rent from a good condo as a single family home; future resale is better because I am usually 25-30% lower than sfh’s and I have a more captive market.