comps online - Posted by Kevin (NE IL)

Posted by Tracy(StLMO) on October 12, 1998 at 20:38:24:

Kevin
Here are some of the ones I know of:
http://www.knowx.com

http://www.dailywatch.com (only for StL, Memphis, Nashville, Charlotte and Little Rock)

These are not free sites, (unfortunately) but if you
have a property you are seriously interested in and you
don’t have a Realtor to do the comps for you, they are
worth the $$.
Hope this helps.
Tracy

comps online - Posted by Kevin (NE IL)

Posted by Kevin (NE IL) on October 12, 1998 at 20:20:52:

I posted this a few days ago, but I think it got lost in the server problems. I can relate to these problems well, as a crash erased my bookmarks recently, including some addresses that were posted here for sites that provided comps if I entered an address and related info. Does anyone remember what they were? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanx.

Thanx…and then I found… - Posted by Kevin (NE IL)

Posted by Kevin (NE IL) on October 15, 1998 at 23:19:19:

One of the sites I was looking for is www.bankamerica.com, where Bank of America has its Homeworth page. I remembered this one by accident(do you like how I answer my own questions?). Thanks for the help.

Re: comps online - Posted by Tom Brown

Posted by Tom Brown on October 13, 1998 at 15:55:28:

Here is another idea but it is not free either. When I lived in OK, real estate related businesses could join the local Board of Realtors as an associate member. This would give you access to the MLS with the sold listing data.

I don’t know what the costs would be where you live, but if you were an active investor, it might be worthwhile.

Re: comps online - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on October 12, 1998 at 21:06:47:

I don’t know how it is in IL but in FL many of the property appraisers have go on the internet. Everything is readily available. All you need is an address, legal description, or a name. Out of 67 counties in FL about 20 are online. You may want to call you property appraiser or courthouse and find out about your area.