Christmas come early! - Posted by The Baze

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on November 23, 1998 at 18:22:49:

Baze, it’s a thing of beauty. Congrats!

Stacy

Christmas come early! - Posted by The Baze

Posted by The Baze on November 23, 1998 at 16:35:07:

I get a call last week from a MH dealer I’ve worked w/ before. His bank has a repo’d 1988 Liberty, 24 x 70, in good condition in a park where it can stay. They’ve just had a buyer that they were confident could buy the home bail out for some reason. The deal was going to be $10,000. Now they just want it gone. “How much do they want?” I ask. I almost fell on my a** when he said $2100. As Ed Garcia would say, Holy Jeez. I go take a look. NOTHING wrong with it. Talk to the park manager. No problem, it can stay. Now, I’m more than willing to pay the $2100 plus 3 months’ lot rent of $265, but just for funsies, I offer $1750. THEY TOOK IT!!! I’m into this thing $2545 plus the cost of a classified ad in Sunday’s paper ($58). I’ve found a buyer who is going to give me $2500 down, 48 payments of $253.68. I’m meeting him tonight to wrap this thing up. Now, someone help me, because my calculator says my yield (including the ad) is 2955.54%. I wonder if this is what Lonnie means by Good Enough.

Tom Bazley

Re: Christmas come early! - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on November 25, 1998 at 11:46:58:

Congrats! Maybe you should buy that park manager a Chirstmas goose as a thank you!

Re: Christmas come early! - Posted by DougO(NM)

Posted by DougO(NM) on November 24, 1998 at 18:41:22:

Thats what it’s all about ! Spread the word and it comes back to you !

Doug

Re: FANTASTIC DEAL! - Posted by Jackie in Dallas

Posted by Jackie in Dallas on November 23, 1998 at 20:27:42:

Congratulations and Merry Christmas –

see what can happen when you “flap you lips” a little bit - to (1) build a good relationship with the park manager (2) ask for a reduced price (3)offer good terms to your buyer