Chat room navigation ? - Posted by Perry IL.

Posted by Jim IL on May 18, 1999 at 22:21:40:

Perry,
First, “hello”, long time no speak. It was great to see you and meet you at the convention.
now, on to your question:
As far as the chat room is concerned, what chat software are you using?
When I goto the chatroom, I have a window opened that has three panes.
the main frame is the actual chatroom, where the conversation appears, and the other frame on the right is where the list of “who” is in the room is listed alphabetically.
then, there is a frame on the bottom where I type what I am going to say, and can see it before I hit “send” or “Enter”.
Are you seeing the frame that has the list of people in it?
If I’m WAY off base, pardon me. I’m just trying to understand better what exactly you are seeing and what the problem might be.
Good luck, and let me know if this helps or not,
Jim IL

Chat room navigation ? - Posted by Perry IL.

Posted by Perry IL. on May 18, 1999 at 21:14:10:

• question *

When in the chat room and one sees that there are several people in another room, how is it one finds their way into the other room ?

Thanks, Perry

Re: Chat room navigation ? - Posted by Sandy FL

Posted by Sandy FL on May 19, 1999 at 08:36:33:

Hi Perry!

Hey, If you are using mIRC software to chat, you highlight the persons name you want to speak to privately and then right click your mouse on “Query”. That will bring up a separate window where only you and they talk privately.

If you are using the creonline page java chat page, I think you might have to look for the bubble that says “whisper”. Is that right, Dirk?

You can tell I use mirc. Its fairly simple once you get the hang of it. :slight_smile:

Sandy FL