Library sounds like the better price, but when you
have a deal moving fast or competition, it seems one
in your pocket would be the best. :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Troy AZ

Centurion make or model? - Posted by Kenneth Elliott

Posted by Kenneth Elliott on June 19, 2001 at 15:34:03:

Hello everyone,
I am trying to find out some information on a mobile home I brought. The title says it is an 1978 Centurion. Has anyone heared of this type of home. Is Centurion the maker of the home or the model. If anyone has any history please pass it on. The person that brought this home from me needed to information for a bank loan.

Thanks,
Kenneth Elliott

Both! - Posted by Karl (Oh)

Posted by Karl (Oh) on June 19, 2001 at 20:58:02:

Kenneth,

If the title says Centurion, thats probably the make. Titles (at least in Ohio) rarely show the model name.

According to the NADA appraisal guide, Centurion Homes Corp made five different singlewide models in 1978, Aristocrat, Buccaneer, Centurion, Tempo, and Viking.

The size of the home, condition, type of park, and area of the country will all affect your ?blue book? value of that home. Ask that bank how they determine how much they will loan on that home. They may or may not even use the NADA guide. The banks I work with all look up a trailer in the NADA guide just to make sure the loan amount is reasonable. Then they order an appraisal, which rarely matches the NADA value. Each bank has their own twist to determine the most they will loan.

Feel free to send me an email if you need some more info. Where is the home located?

Karl Kleiner
Kleiner@fuse.net

Re: Both! - Posted by Kenneth Elliott

Posted by Kenneth Elliott on June 21, 2001 at 08:01:17:

Thanks karl…

Re: Where can one get a NADA Book? - Posted by Troy

Posted by Troy on June 19, 2001 at 21:41:16:

It seems you were referring to the NADA book and
it was helpful to you. I am in Phoenix AZ and
just getting my feet wet. Can you buy these
books locally?

Thanks,

Troy

About the NADA guide - Posted by lyal

Posted by lyal on June 20, 2001 at 21:44:18:

Guys,
We periodically cover this subject on the site and the info bears repeating. DO NOT use the NADA guide as a reference when you’re looking for mobiles. You’ll get creamed when you try to resell. The ONLY price that counts is the one that comes after “Are you sure that’s the best you can do” for the third or fourth time. That price has to be backed up by your research in your geography to make sure you can sell it for at least double what you pay (because of the “value added” by the owner financing).
That said, I run the NADA software on my computer. It’s 150 bucks or so for the year and they send you a new CD with updated data every quarter(free). It gives you a professional looking printout that you can use to justify your sell price. Sure beats the 20 bucks a pop from NADA.
All the best, Lyal

Re: Where can one get a NADA Book? - Posted by Charlie Roberts

Posted by Charlie Roberts on June 20, 2001 at 24:27:10:

Troy,
I looked at one briefly a while back at the Glendale Library, 59th Ave. & Brown. Probably most libraries have them.
Good luck,
Charlie

Re: About the NADA guide - Posted by Kenneth Elliott

Posted by Kenneth Elliott on June 21, 2001 at 08:02:05:

Thanks Lyal…