cell tower - Posted by Andy Chambers

Posted by David Barnett on February 11, 2009 at 15:45:57:

I knew a guy in Quebec that built his own tower and rented it ‘by the foot’ to various groups.
community radio station
cell operator
taxi company
point to point wireless ,etc…

You may need access to some expertise to do it this way though.

dave

cell tower - Posted by Andy Chambers

Posted by Andy Chambers on February 09, 2009 at 12:32:16:

Anyone have any experience on having a cell tower on their property? Is there a usual rent amount that they pay? ANy suggestions on things I should be looking at?

Re: cell tower - Posted by Tim

Posted by Tim on February 16, 2009 at 06:34:36:

Just like anything else in RE it’s all about location. I wanted to get into cell towers in my area at one time & was lucky enough to know someone who had a tower location & knew most of the other people in the county with towers. At that time(5 years ago) the rates varied from $500 up to $3500/month for towers within a 25 mile radius.

Re: cell tower - Posted by Ching Lee

Posted by Ching Lee on February 11, 2009 at 05:41:48:

Hi Andy,
Depends on region, location, and built up area.
In Pa, I am getting slightly over $1000 per month with a 3% escalation. 30 yr lease.
Once the lease is collecting rent, there will be company trying to buy out your lease with a lump sum.
Takes a year for approval and tower build out. May take longer if there is opposition from your community.
Good Luck.

Re: cell tower - Posted by brandoncbsre

Posted by brandoncbsre on February 09, 2009 at 17:25:44:

The father of a guy I know has his land leased to Cenntennial I believe. Pretty sure the monthly rent is around $1200. It is NE Indiana, the prices may vary from region to region.

Good Luck