Carolton Sheets & "TEXAS" - Posted by Joel Johnson

Posted by Jim Kennedy on July 08, 1999 at 17:34:39:

Errol,

Check out The Realty Investment Club of Houston. We meet at 9:00am on the first Saturday of the month at the Hilton Hotel at the University of Houston, 4800 Calhoun. For more information call me at 281-398-0505 or 281-398-7480.

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX

Carolton Sheets & “TEXAS” - Posted by Joel Johnson

Posted by Joel Johnson on July 05, 1999 at 16:34:32:

Does his course work in Texas? Before you tell me
that it works everywhere, be aware that Texas has
some very unique “LAWS” that make it extremely
difficult for creative financing and investors in
general. I know this to be a fact because I use to be a Realtor in this state. I want to belive Mr. Sheets but would like to hear some specifics regarding Texas before I shell out $200.00 on another No Money Down course.

Re: Carolton Sheets & “TEXAS” - Posted by Jason-DTX

Posted by Jason-DTX on July 11, 1999 at 22:29:42:

I’ve been full time at CRE for over two years now. I invest in Dallas, Rockwall, and Hunt counties. I started out with Carleton Sheets and bought my first property with it.
I’m not sure which unique laws you’re reffering to. I’m pretty familiar with the property code and I haven’t heard of any prohibitive laws. You might be reffering to the old 2nd mortgage laws, but they have changed. But even before they changed the never applied to investment property anyway. They only applied to your homestead or primary residence. Even the news laws are only for homestead property. Investment property still falls under the old laws. Take Jim’s advice and come to an AIREO meeting. You can meet some of the real players in person. Actually the Texas laws are great for investors. We can evict in less than 30 days and do a full blown foreclosure in less than 60 days. Also the TREC forms are very fair to both buyers and sellers so you don’t have to use the “gurus” forms.
Jason

Re: Carolton Sheets & “TEXAS” - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on July 09, 1999 at 19:06:58:

don’t know about Sheets Stuff, have never heard it. But, I can tell you CRE is alive and well at least in Dallas and the Metroplex. I just had a Realtor tell me the other day that she doesn’t come across Investment property that you can make more than 2-3k because the market is just to good.

She had just sold the house next door for 86k to one that I wrote up a contract on for 32k and would sell for 65k. I was was only talking to her about comps in the area.

Bottom line is shell out the money for the education and you won’t have to be working for peanuts.

I wish that I had discovered RE 10 years or more ago, regardless of through who Carlton, Dave Del Dotto, anyone just to have had the intro. Remember it only works if you apply it, there are no secret formulas.
Also, heard you can get some great buys on EBAY.com, type in Real Estate.

Check this site on news group I and check out some of the courses there, good stuff.

Good Luck, and go make some money.

David Alexander

Re: Carolton Sheets & “TEXAS” - Posted by john F. Hines

Posted by john F. Hines on July 06, 1999 at 22:54:20:

Hi Joel ,
It’s funny , I am sitting at my desk listening to Carlton Sheets on one of his cds , I have purchased the course and I too have been a Realtor in the state of Ala. I can honestly say yes ! the techniques Sheets teaches can be applied anywhere. The prevailing reason is You do your best to keep Realtors out of the Deal!
He teaches You negotiation techniques to use with the seller depending on the seller’s situation , It’s worth it!

Re: Carolton Sheets & - Posted by Joel Johnson

Posted by Joel Johnson on July 07, 1999 at 20:25:23:

Thank you for responding, but my question is still unanswered. Does this work in “TEXAS”? I live in Dallas-Ft. Worth area. Anyone who has personal experience with this course - IN THIS AREA - please let me know if you have run into any difficulty with TEXAS real estate laws - like the homestead law, etc. Thank you in advance.

Re: Carolton Sheets & - Posted by Blake …

Posted by Blake … on July 24, 1999 at 22:31:51:

Hello , Why don’t you e-mail me and we can talk further on the subject , My name is Blake , and I purchased the Carlton Sheets program , and I live in Arlington Texas , I will be purchasing my first property in a couple of days , and yes the techniques he teaches work anywhere ,

A point ::: Do not listen to anyone about laws or gurus on this business, they are just trying to tear you down , I stopped listening to people a long time ago , you have to make it on your own , or be friends with other investors , the outside source is not the answer ,

Thanks ,
Blake …

Sure it works. - Posted by Joel

Posted by Joel on July 08, 1999 at 19:28:30:

Joel,

I’m not from Texas (thank God…sorry, coulden’t resist), but the Sheets concepts work throughout the continental US. I GUARANTEE you that you have none of the contract hassles we have here in Louisiana (third world and proud of it). As you may be aware, Louisiana has the doubious distinction, with France, of being one of the only places on the whole dam$ planet to still follow Napoleonic law. My luck. While our state laws vary from all the other 49, Sheets concepts still work here. Because they are universal. Sure, you are going to have some details about Texas that may be different. Did you expect otherwise? Check out your questions at your local real estate investment (reia) club, or post them to Texans here, and you will have all your questions answered.

Don’t worry about if they work; they sure do. You will see that when you go to your local investors group. What you need to worry about is your local market. You got more competition in Dallas than we got shrimp in the bayou. And brother, we gots lots of shrimps.

Good luck,

HR

Re: Carolton Sheets & - Posted by Errol

Posted by Errol on July 08, 1999 at 16:35:05:

Hi,
I take it that this meeting is not in the Houston area. Could you or anyone else tell me of if there are any groups like this in the Houston area. I would be extremely interested in attending one of their meetings.

Errol

Re: Carolton Sheets & - Posted by Jim Kennedy

Posted by Jim Kennedy on July 08, 1999 at 12:11:46:

Yes, it works in Texas. Check out the Association of Independent Real Estate Owners (AIREO), the investors group in your area. Their monthly meeting is tonight, July 8th. They meet at the Embassy Suites Hotel at 2727 Stemmons Frwy at Inwood. The doors open at 7pm. It is my understanding that you can attend one meeting as a guest for free. For more information contact Jackie Lange at 972-496-6032.

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX

Re: Carolton Sheets & - Posted by Bevin

Posted by Bevin on December 01, 2000 at 02:18:40:

Hey Blake, I live in dallas and I attend UTA in arlington. I saw your comments on the Carlton sheets program and I am really interested in purchasing the video tapes. IF you could, I would love to learn about how to make some money. I already own a duplex, and a 4bdrm house that I lease out. I would love to hear from you. I am very interested, just kinda skeptical… Thanks ALot