Can someone recommend a newbie learning path? - Posted by Kelly - IL

Posted by Brent_IL on March 01, 2004 at 12:51:04:

Try:

Http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard/messages/18646.html

Http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard/messages/arc_2002/arc_22/22576.html

Http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard/messages/arc_2002/arc_05/5344.html

I’s suggest waiting until you have a need for a specific course to buy it. Even then, CREOnline.com readers buy courses primarily for the paperwork. There is more general information on-site than one person can use.

Can someone recommend a newbie learning path? - Posted by Kelly - IL

Posted by Kelly - IL on March 01, 2004 at 09:38:15:

There’s just a wealth of information here! I’ve spent two weeks just reading and reading, but don’t really feel like I have any one “strategy” (is that what you call it?) under by belt. Short sales and foreclosures are really interesting to me, however, foreclosures seem to be more advanced?
Did anyone else take this approach? Read all you can about one strategy, try it several times, then branch out into others? Anyone got advice on a learning path? Try this to get your feet wet. . .move on to this. . .
Also, what about courses? Do most of you do the courses? I’m pretty disciplined as far as taking the time, reading the material, calling people up and asking questions. Not sure if I could learn more taking a course? One thing about books is that they’re rather “generic” in that you find out sometimes the laws change or are not applicable to you in your state or “that just doesn’t work in my area.” Just wondering if courses would be similar?

Thanks guys.