Can I file under LLC if not deeded in LLC name - Posted by Jeff

Posted by John K Haslach, CPA, MST on February 03, 2005 at 10:32:45:

Not sure if you approve of it or if you are offended by it. Seems he wasn’t content with the answers he was getting from other CPAs. Real estate taxation issues are an area I deal with quite a bit. So, rather than have him ask questions of people who may not know the correct answer, I offered to get him the correct answers.

Can I file under LLC if not deeded in LLC name - Posted by Jeff

Posted by Jeff on February 02, 2005 at 14:18:06:

My new accountant says I have to file my properties under my personal taxes not my LLC because they are still deeded in personal names. The accountant is from Fla. and my business is in New Jersey. I am hoping he doesn’t know Jersey tax law. I have filed since 2001 under the LLC with my Jersey accountant. Please tell me I did the right thing. I had a company checkbook, etc.
Jeff

Re: Can I file under LLC if not deeded in LLC name - Posted by John K Haslach, CPA, MST

Posted by John K Haslach, CPA, MST on February 02, 2005 at 16:40:15:

If the property is owned by you, you need to file under your name. A NJ CPA.

Re: Can I file under LLC if not deeded in LLC name - Posted by Jeff

Posted by Jeff on February 02, 2005 at 19:40:41:

Thanks,
I’m on my 4th accountant since 2001 and he is the first to notice. This is why I moved on.

Re: Can I file under LLC if not deeded in LLC name - Posted by John K. Haslach, CPA, MST

Posted by John K. Haslach, CPA, MST on February 03, 2005 at 04:05:11:

If you need a good CPA, hire me.

GREAT ADVERTISEMENT - Posted by I.R.

Posted by I.R. on February 03, 2005 at 10:19:50:

Wow!Rarely have I seen such blatant self-promotion from a CPA.

Re: GREAT ADVERTISEMENT - Posted by John K Haslach, CPA, MST

Posted by John K Haslach, CPA, MST on February 03, 2005 at 11:42:36:

Not sure if you approve of it or if you are offended by it. Seems he wasn’t content with the answers he was getting from other CPAs. Real estate taxation issues are an area I deal with quite a bit. So, rather than have him ask questions of people who may not know the correct answer, I offered to get him the correct answers.