Can I buy a home after forclosure - Posted by ktm

Posted by DONALD F. on February 20, 2000 at 18:45:49:

A fact that it can be done. I had a forclosure in 1995,then in 1995 i bought a home on land contract,appreciation enable me to get a 60% ltv in 2000. Cash at closing $4700.

Can I buy a home after forclosure - Posted by ktm

Posted by ktm on February 20, 2000 at 02:34:04:

I am trying to get information on how to purchase a home after I have been through a foreclosure. Who loans money after you have been through a bankruptcy and foreclosure. Is there any way?

Yes . . . but try to clean up your credit file, too - Posted by Robert M. Campbell

Posted by Robert M. Campbell on February 21, 2000 at 08:17:36:

When you find motivated sellers, bad credit should not prevent you from using creative financing methods to make money in real estate.

However, in the meantime, you might want to consider having your credit improved.

Then you would be armed with both creative financing techniques . . . and conventional lending programs . . . and have even more options available to you.

While “credit repair” is an industry with a soiled history and infested with a lot of “snake-oil” sales people, I have found one company that is very effective and offers a money-back guarantee.

The name of the company is ICR Services . . . and I suggest it to a lot of my prospective mortgage clients who have bad credit (which there are many).

If you want some information, I will email it to you.

Robert M. Campbell

Re: Can I buy a home after forclosure - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on February 20, 2000 at 10:13:52:

ktm,

You can enter into a lease/ option, buy on land contract, buy subject to the sellers mortgage, you could buy using a wraparound mortgage. You could get a partner and equity share. There are many ways to acquire real estate without your credit ever becoming an issue. I would suggest reading all how to and money making articles on this site for starters.

Re: Can I buy a home after forclosure - Posted by Bill K. - FL

Posted by Bill K. - FL on February 20, 2000 at 09:18:35:

This site is loaded with techniques where buyer credit is not a factor in purchasing RE. The technique to use will depend on your reason for buying. A place to live, or for investment, for the long or short term.

Re: Can I buy a home after forclosure - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on February 20, 2000 at 03:13:00:

A good mortgage broker can work wonders for getting you a loan even with these blemishes.

There are alternatives also such as lease options, seller financing, land contracts,etc.

-Chris

Re: Can I buy a home after forclosure - Posted by Nicolas Hostetter

Posted by Nicolas Hostetter on February 20, 2000 at 02:42:45:

hey nathan,
If its your credit thats bad try this sight it has gave me a lot of good info on how to repair these situations.
nick