California Tax Auctions - Posted by n2nvesting

Posted by Jack Kurtz on May 01, 2002 at 16:16:27:

Have you tried John Beck’s materials? Go to http://www.johnbeck.net.

I recently purchased John’s materials on purchasing Arizona Tax Lien Certificates. I like the way he presents the information and have heard nothing but good things about John.

California Tax Auctions - Posted by n2nvesting

Posted by n2nvesting on May 01, 2002 at 12:14:45:

Greetings:

A local county is having an auction for defaulted propterty taxes. Does anyone have experience with dealing with these? What are the pros and cons??

Thanks!
n2nvesting

Re: California Tax Auctions - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on May 01, 2002 at 15:49:16:

N 2 Nvesting–(CA)--------------

I have specialized in buying properties on the county tax sales in CA and elsewhere. Are you talking about the Madera sale? Or Stanislaus? I have been to the Stanislaus sale, never been to the Madera sale.

I suggest that you search the archive on this Main bulletinboard for the CREONLINE.COM site. You will find over 400 posts if you put in tax sale. And over 300 for tax lien. I have written a couple of long posts giving suggestions on investing in tax sale properties. I have written one within the last month. There is a lot to say and I don’t have time today to repeat it all. Search my name if you like, but there will be so many posts you may have trouble finding ones on CA tax sales.

Good Investing***Ron Starr

Re: California Tax Auctions - Posted by TX Rae

Posted by TX Rae on May 01, 2002 at 19:57:26:

Also check out taxsales.com or taxforfeited.com. VERY interesting stuff.

The creator of this web site has a manual specific to each state in the US, as the rules are very different from state to state. He gives deals on packages of 3 or more, and for a discounted rate you can also get all 50 states if you like.

VERY detailed, and some surprising suggestions of what works for obtaining properties for VERY little money from the delinquent owner.

Also, he has a links section that covers almost every county or state that has a web site. In one of his email newsletters he detailed how one can buy property just by using the internet and other sources and not ever attending a tax sale auction.

Although his prices went up at the beginning of this year, his info is actually STILL too low-priced for what he provides.

(And no, I don’t work for him!!! Just a very satisfied customer.)