CALIFORNIA FAMILY NEEDS A HOME & A BUSINESS! - Posted by Trisha

Posted by E.Eka on August 23, 2004 at 19:21:34:

Marketing your services. Advertising so that motivated sellers find you.

CALIFORNIA FAMILY NEEDS A HOME & A BUSINESS! - Posted by Trisha

Posted by Trisha on August 23, 2004 at 15:32:40:

Hi,
My family and I live in Aptos, CA near Santa Cruz. We live in a 2 bedroom apartment with no yard (my boys desperately need a yard!) I’m trying to figure out how to buy a home. Also I want to bring my husband home from his job so we can raise our 2 boys together (ages 3 & 6) doing a business together. I have a dream of adopting a girl but can’t even think about that unless we have at least a 3 bedroom place and the money for an adoption. I’m lost at how to do this and really need some ideas and suggestions.

California real estate is insane and getting worse by the month. My neighbor put her 3 bedroom apartment up for sale for $529,000.00 and sold it in 10 days for $595,000.00! Our friends own a place a few miles away and from Feb. to Aug. of this year their home appreciated 42%! We do not have a down payment or $2,000.00 a month to put into a mortgage. The way I see it I need to learn some creative ways of purchasing a home and really want a profitable home-based business my husband and I can do together and earn a minimum of 6 figures a year. I don’t know what to do or where to start (other than asking others for suggestions or ideas). I see postings of people studying for a couple of years before they try anything. I don’t want to take 2 years to own a home. We have been in this same apartment for 10 years while I have been trying all kinds of businesses to get out with not enough return to do anything different. Our downstairs neighbor calls every week about our boys running in the house and thinks they should never run in the house. Well they have no yard to run in what are they supposed to do?

I just bought the program Buy With No Credit (www.buywithnocredit.com) which teaches you how to be a middle man between a distressed owner and a tenant buyer. Then I came across a course on foreclosures (http://www.fastcashinrealestateforeclosures.com/main.htm). I don’t know if these techniques would even work in this crazy area. My husband and I are open to other areas if need be.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Trisha
trishaf@sbcglobal.net

Re: CALIFORNIA FAMILY - Posted by K

Posted by K on August 23, 2004 at 20:38:53:

Hi Trisha:

I agree with Christen. Wherever you are is the right area. You simply must put more effort into finding the situation that will work for your family.

The results will come after many attempts. If results come immediately great, but do not get discouraged if they take some time. This forum is one of the best place to get started.

There are many articles on this site that you give you ideas on the best approach to take.

By the way, what kind of businesses have you tried?

Good fortune to you.

K

Well - Posted by e.eka

Posted by e.eka on August 23, 2004 at 17:26:14:

Read the articles on this site. You’re in the right place. The key is to find motivated sellers…learn what techniques you’re interested in doing and find motivated sellers. Like Gary in the previous post.

Re: CALIFORNIA FAMILY NEEDS… - Posted by Christen

Posted by Christen on August 23, 2004 at 15:48:14:

I am in CNY our market is a bit different, you could say, but a slower market has its downsides too. Here things can really sit and you can lose your shirt. Buying right is incredibly important especially here, there is no appreciation to bail you out. You do need to study, maybe not two years, but buy every book on RE investing on Amazon.com you can get your hands on. We made our “fortune” so to speak in rentals and rehabs.

In your market though you should maybe start buy using a little more labor intensive ways to find properties. Now keep in mind my market is very different so maybe someone in a hot hot market would be of better use. But maybe pre-foreclosures, bandit signs, tired landlords. Finding the deals then wholesaling them to an investor for a few grand to start. It would be a lot of leg work. Calling every realtor, trying to get your name on there list to call when a good deal comes by. But it’s a start that doesn’t require much $$ or credit.

Re: Well - Posted by Trisha

Posted by Trisha on August 23, 2004 at 18:28:19:

How do you find motivated sellers? Thanks!

carmen electra - Posted by carmen electra

Posted by carmen electra on October 19, 2005 at 01:29:13:

cameron diaz mariah carey gwen stefani kelly clarkson katie holmes mariah carey eva longoria angelina jolie jennifer aniston kelly clarkson