buying home that must be moved - Posted by Michele

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA on May 04, 2002 at 23:33:24:

…about negotiating that price down to well below $10,000. You will save a lot more money that way. It seems like you are being offered a retail price. You must learn how to buy wholesale to make a good profit for yourself.

You can just phone different movers in the yellow pages to get an idea of moving and setup charges. Some movers may need the work more than others and their prices are likely to reflect this reality. Don’t wait until the very last minute and then tell the mover you must have it moved and set up immediately. If you do your price will probably double. I and others have made many posts about dealing with movers. They are located in the archives.

Basically, AFTER, negotiating the seller’s final “best offer” price and before agreeing to it, I would then just shake my head a little and say to the lender who has the repo (if that is what it is), if they could include the delivery and setup in that price they have a deal and see what happens. Always tell the seller you are looking at several other mobiles too, so they will worry about losing your business if they don’t shave their price down to the bare minimum. Michele, ALL things are negotiable. The people you are negotiating with will NEVER give you their best price first. You have to fight for it and fight hard indeed. May I again suggest going through the archives, this time under the search word, ‘negotiation’. I think it will be very helpful for you.

Regards, doc

buying home that must be moved - Posted by Michele

Posted by Michele on May 04, 2002 at 22:43:38:

I’m looking at a 1992 Fairmont Diplomat 16x70, 3/2 w/fireplace that’s in nice condition. Problem is, it must be moved. It’s already been approved for nearby parks.
This home lists between 15000 and 20000. But I’m concerned about it needing to be moved.
Any suggestions? Advice. I’m new at this and could use some advice.


Re: buying home that must be moved - Posted by Helen

Posted by Helen on May 05, 2002 at 11:33:59:

I am buying one similar. The price I’m getting it for is closer to the 10K range. I consider it a winner especially if I can get land to put it on. There is the challenge for me. I’m concerned about the condition the home will be in when it reaches its new parking spot. Anyone have experience to share with those of us who are new?