Buying from Wholesalers - Posted by TR

Posted by Chuck Rosenberg on September 05, 2005 at 07:42:19:

wine cellar racks engraved wine glass wine storage racks hand blown wine glass napa wine tours wall wine rack wine vault wire wine rack wood wine barrels free wine rack plans

Buying from Wholesalers - Posted by TR

Posted by TR on July 01, 2004 at 11:26:37:

I’m just getting started in RE investing and I’m interested in buying wholesale properties, doing some work to get them in sellable condition, and selling them on a lease-option. I work full time and have limited time to find properties, but run across other investors selling wholesale deals quite frequently. Is this a good way to acquire properties? Seems like these investors would do the deal themselves if they are really good deals. Any input would be appreciated.

Re: Buying from Wholesalers - Posted by JeffGinFL

Posted by JeffGinFL on July 02, 2004 at 06:18:44:

You can certainly build a portfolio of homes for yourself this way TR.

I’m in a similar situation - full time job, part time REI and I’ve purchased several homes from wholesalers and others from my own marketing strategies.

Buying a property from a wholesaler is no different from buying from someone else - you need to know your numbers in terms of ARV and repair/holding costs. The repair/holding costs get more predictable as you go in my opinion. It’s just like anything else - do it a couple of times and you get more and more familiar with it.

As Barry says - many wholesalers don’t want to swing hammers and such. They like to find, sign, and flip - nothing wrong with that. You just need to be sure there is room for you to make your required profit.

JeffGinFL

Re: Buying from Wholesalers - Posted by Barry (FL)

Posted by Barry (FL) on July 01, 2004 at 16:13:45:

I wholesale properties and the reason I do it is this.

I am not a laborer, I don’t enjoy it and I hate babysitting subbies.

Properties that are in good condition or that just need paint and carpet I pay people to do the needed work and either keep them or retail them.

Properties that need more than paint and carpet, I sell to others as I don’t have the skills, time or patients to bother with.

That’s why I don’t do them even if they are really good deals.

Hope This Helps,
Barry (FL)