Buying Carleton Sheets No Down Payment? - Posted by Juliet

Posted by scott on July 04, 2001 at 09:28:31:

I see property in the paper that states assumable mortgage on them, mostly multi family.

Buying Carleton Sheets No Down Payment? - Posted by Juliet

Posted by Juliet on July 01, 2001 at 14:30:35:

My husband and I are looking into buying Carleton Sheets No Down Payment, and I want to hear what people think (both good and bad). I also want to hear how easy it is to read and follow. Please respond soon.

Re: Buying Carleton Sheets No Down Payment? - Posted by Lawrence Tourangeau

Posted by Lawrence Tourangeau on July 04, 2001 at 24:42:52:

Hello Juliet,
Congratulations to you and your husband on deciding to improve your life. You have stumbled across a great place to learn in this website.
To answer your question about Carleton’s course, I do have it and it is very good as a broad introduction to real estate. His main focus is on buying property with a positive cash flow and holding onto the property. However, as you read through this site, you will find that there are many other ways to make money in real estate aside from simply buying and holding property. Depending upon your financial situation, you may be better off flipping properties or lease-optioning. If this is the case, you may want to take the money that you would have invested in Carleton’s program and purchase one of the other courses that deal specifically with one of the other approaches to real estate mentioned on this site.
One of the best pieces of advice given to ‘newbies’ is to read all of the How To articles and really go through as many posts as you can to decide what area of real estate would be best for you. Feel free to ask questions here since people are pretty helpful. Before posting, you may want to search the archives to see if your particular question has been addressed before.
One other thing about Carleton’s course. Should you decide to purchase his program, you will later be contacted by his organization about signing up for his coaching program which will cost you $2500. You can plug in the keyword ‘coaching’ into the Search engine here and read people’s opinions about the value of this coaching and decide for yourself whether it would be worth the money to you. You and your husband may feel that this type of coaching would benefit you and help you learn. On the other hand, $2500 would buy plenty of good material on this website and there are plenty of experienced people here offering good advice for free. I just wanted you to be aware of some of what you can expect.
Now, please start reading everything here and explore your options. And best of luck to you both.

Larry Tourangeau

Re: Buying Carleton Sheets No Down Payment? - Posted by Ed

Posted by Ed on July 03, 2001 at 20:37:00:

I just recently completed the course. It’s not a get rich quick program. It takes a lot of time and work to get through it. I’ve been a banker for 10 years and learned a great deal about creative finance from this course. My advice, go for it! It has a 30 day money back guarantee, plenty of time to see if it’s right for you.

Ed

Re: Buying Carleton Sheets No Down Payment? - Posted by quincy

Posted by quincy on July 03, 2001 at 19:34:24:

I have it and others. It is overpriced. many of the ideas “techniques” are just plain foolish. For instance, one of the “zero down” techniques is assuming assumable mortgages. There aren’t anymore of those mortgages around. Well, maybe one in a million! A waste of money. Go to the library instead.

Re: Buying Carleton Sheets No Down Payment? - Posted by Todd

Posted by Todd on July 01, 2001 at 19:42:52:

I bought Carlton Sheets program about 6 years ago. It seems like it is very thorough. But there is alot of leg work involved. If your credit is bad, you can hang it up. Nobody will even talk to you. I must admit though, I really didn’t give it my all. I’ve seen his new infomercial, and it seems like it has been updated from cassettes to cd’s. I’m sure if you have the TIME and effort to put into it, it may work. Please keep me informed of your progress if you decide to purchase his program. Good Luck and above all… MAKE MONEY!

Re: Buying Carleton Sheets No Down Payment? - Posted by Rita, Fl

Posted by Rita, Fl on July 01, 2001 at 16:47:27:

I bought CS program 5 years ago and it is great…I had up to just recently 5 rental properties with positive cash flow…recently divorced I now remain with 3 properties…I am going through the program again and am going to once again get into Real estate investing…CS it is definetly worth the investment…there is quite a few programs out there and after I go through his program again I am going to educate myself with them…Good Luck