Buying a home in a different state than I live - Posted by Justin (mo)

Posted by Justin (mo) on December 23, 2005 at 06:21:58:

This just occured to me. I live in MO, but am looking at homes in KS. Since it is on a title like a car, how would I transfer the title to my name without a KS drivers license? If I remember correctly from the past when I lived in Kansas, you have to have a Kansas drivers license to title a car in KS. Has anybody ever dealt with this situation before, even maybe in other states? Is their a way around it? I plan to call the DMV today when they open to see what they say.