Buyers - Posted by James Stone Tacoma WA

Posted by James Stone on January 26, 2000 at 14:52:08:

I am interested and would attend a rei club on Saturday. I am a pastor as well, so Sunday would be out of the question. If we could work it out that would be great.

James

Buyers - Posted by James Stone Tacoma WA

Posted by James Stone Tacoma WA on January 25, 2000 at 19:46:23:

Greetings,

I read Jackie Lange’s articles on beginner’s primer for quick flipping.

I then went and familiarized myself with the county offices and asked a lot of questions.

Then I hit the newspapers looking for rehab buyers in this area. In the Sunday paper there was only one ad that stated “We buy houses”. I left a message and they have yet to call me back. Are there any other tell tale signs that I can look for to locate rehab buyers?

If I put an ad in the paper, what should it say?

I would appreciate any input.

Also, I was wondering if Carlton Sheets’ legal forms portfolio is worth using.

Thanks,
James

Do not miss mines this Sunday!!! - Posted by Loonie B. Turner

Posted by Loonie B. Turner on January 25, 2000 at 21:11:52:

My first ad comes out this Sunday in the News tribune.

Must have missed mine… - Posted by Russ Sims

Posted by Russ Sims on January 25, 2000 at 20:24:19:

You’re looking in the wrong area in the News Tribune. Check column 620. There’s at least 4 ads there. Go by the Little Nickel office off S. 38th and pick up a King County addition. You’ll see tons of ads, and many of them will invest in Tacoma. When you call on ads, make sure you ask if they are an all cash buyer. Many are wholesale flipping like you, so there may not be enough margin in the deals you bring them. I do mostly lease options. I’m the 3rd ad down in Sunday’s paper. Check out “Crazy Dave”. I believe he’s an all cash buyer. Good Luck!
Russ

Re: Buyers - Posted by Ray S(FL)

Posted by Ray S(FL) on January 25, 2000 at 20:12:47:

James,

If there is only one ad in the paper with I buy Houses then maybe you should seriously think about running one yourself. The only down side is that you may get a bunch of calls from sellers who have a problem that you don’t know how to solve yet(being new).

As far as attracting buyers, I usually wait until I have one under contract then I run an ad. If it is a good deal I do not have any trouble selling it by the time my contract to buy expires.

I typically just run an ad like: Handyman Special; El Dumpo; Kick me I’m down. Then let them call and find out price, location, terms(cash) etc.

I don’t know anything about carlton’s stuff. I quit using his stuff a few years back.

Good luck to you!
Ray S(FL)

Re: Must have missed mine… - Posted by James Stone Tac WA

Posted by James Stone Tac WA on January 25, 2000 at 21:30:33:

Russ,
You are exactly right. I was looking in the wrong section. I found yours and others. Thanks for your help. I remember you. I phoned you about a year ago when I was thinking of investing. Guess what? I’ve quit thinking about it and am determined to do it. I am dogged determined to get that first deal under my belt.
By the way, I notice there is no REI club in the Tacoma area. The only one is on Mercer Island? And at 7 p.m. Is there any closer? Can we do something about that? It sounds like I need this club activity.

Well, thanks again for the info.

James.

Re: Must have missed mine… - Posted by JoeKaiser

Posted by JoeKaiser on January 25, 2000 at 20:47:19:

Mine’s right BELOW Russ’. Grrrrrr!

Joe

What time is the one on Mercer Island? - Posted by DanM(OR)

Posted by DanM(OR) on January 26, 2000 at 10:16:15:

I am often in the area and would love to come to one of your meetings.

By the way, do you guys/gals have any note buyers that you work with there?

Thanks!

Dan Matejsek

Re: Must have missed mine… - Posted by Sally

Posted by Sally on January 25, 2000 at 22:09:44:

I live on Mercer Island, but have not attended the meetings here as I am usually working till late. Anyone interested in starting a Saturday or Sunday REI club in the Tacoma area once a month? I usually shop Ft. Lewis on the weekend.

Well, at least I’m in good company! (nt) - Posted by Russ Sims

Posted by Russ Sims on January 26, 2000 at 11:33:47:

nt

Re: What time is the one on Mercer Island? - Posted by Sally

Posted by Sally on January 26, 2000 at 22:01:18:

Mercer Island info below:

Telephone: (206) 542-7197
When: 4th Wednesday of the month, 7:00pm
Where: Community Center at Mercer View,
8236 SE 24th St., Mercer Island