business cards - Posted by Jared-MA

Posted by Dave K on November 29, 2005 at 18:15:33:

As Ron LeGrand says, “It’s always easier to ask forgivness then permission!” The pumps usually have an advertising placard on top of the pump. Self service states are good for that, like here in PA, since no one is really watching you. I slide one in to the base. Never leave a stack anywhere. It’s too easy for someone to grab them and throw them in the garbage. It happens all the time. I leave them on trash cans at supermarkets and Walmart. Sometimes I leave them on top of newspaper vending machines. Once I got a call to be careful, that I could be sued for advertising. Payphones are good. Resturants are good too. Anywhere you think people will see them. They may not call right away. Sometime they hold on to them.

business cards - Posted by Jared-MA

Posted by Jared-MA on November 28, 2005 at 11:31:48:

Does anyone have any suggestions for the right kind of business card to make up stating I am a real estate investor? I don’t really have a niche yet, but I currently have a 2 family and am interested in mobile home notes and other types of property where I can get it wholesale. Thanks

Re: business cards - Posted by bob(ma)

Posted by bob(ma) on November 29, 2005 at 14:20:11:

hey jared where are u located in mass? i am from mass. maybe we can talk and see if we have any ideas to bounce off each other.

Re: business cards - Posted by Dave K

Posted by Dave K on November 29, 2005 at 07:27:53:

Here is a cheap way to get great looking double sided business cards. Don’t waste the space on the back of your card, it is like a mini billboard to tell your story. Go to onlineprints.com. You can design your card with MS publisher and upload it. They make them glossy for no extra charge. I had car magnets made a while back and the guy sent me a proof. I took the proof and changed it and used it for my card front. The back is simply a background color with text.

When you put them out, be mindful of store clerks that throw them out, so don’t put piles out. I like self service gas stations, ATM’s and bulletin boards. Alot of people hold on to them and will call you 5-6 months down the road. Some call you immediately. Unless you spend all day covering a whole county, I would not count on big results. Keep a stack in your car, wallet and put them out everywhere you go.

I use one with a magnetic back. - Posted by Will

Posted by Will on November 28, 2005 at 14:20:15:

http://www.greatfxbusinesscards.com/magnetic.htm

Hopefully, people stick them on their refrigerator!

Re: business cards - Posted by Dave (DC)

Posted by Dave (DC) on November 28, 2005 at 12:58:40:

I was looking for the same thing and came across this site. About halfway down is an article and a sample of a good business card. Hope this helps-

http://www.markijlal.com/

Dave

Re: business cards - Posted by Don Dion

Posted by Don Dion on November 28, 2005 at 12:09:43:

Simple - Posted by Clint

Posted by Clint on November 28, 2005 at 11:47:34:

Black on white, officedepot.com:

Jared MA
Real Estate Investor
Multi-families Single Families Note Buyer

Re: business cards - Posted by Dave K

Posted by Dave K on November 29, 2005 at 18:27:32:

I’m sorry. I meant overnightprints.com not onlineprints.com.

Re: business cards - Posted by JFD

Posted by JFD on November 29, 2005 at 10:19:53:

You mention in your post that you leave your business cards at gas stations and ATM’s. How do you leave them there? Do you leave a stack? Tape them? Ask for permission?