bronchick vs charlie france - Posted by Dan Egbers

Posted by jeff on April 29, 2002 at 17:17:23:

i second the bill opinion

bronchick vs charlie france - Posted by Dan Egbers

Posted by Dan Egbers on April 29, 2002 at 14:42:09:

Which would be better for a newbie…I am thinking france because of getting into more details about a particular buying opportunity…anyone have any opinions…thanks alot for your response

Dan

Re: bronchick vs charlie france - Posted by Matt L. (STL)

Posted by Matt L. (STL) on April 30, 2002 at 10:05:36:

Dan,
I bought Charlie and Randy’s course at the CREOnline Convention last month. Prior to the convention I was focused on doing rehabs and Mobil Home deals. I didn?t want to work on Junkers but all of the local investors were telling me that that was where the money was.
I am working on my first Subject To deal right now. A 6 month old $140,000 house that the owner just wants to get out of. At this point I have no commitment to buy until I find a tenant/buyer. When I do find that Tenant/Buyer I will get $5000 - $6000 in option consideration, a $300 - $400 monthly spread, plus the back end of the sale which is about $16,000. All told the Auto Profit software calculates a $36,000 profit if the first tenant buys, if they don?t the price just goes up from there.
I don?t have Bronchick?s course (so I can?t compare), but I did hear him speak at the convention. It looked like he offered a great course. I think in the end you?ll want both (I know I do).
Charlie and Randy quote both Brinchick and LeGrand a lot in their course. They learned from both. Their course is more focused on a specific course of action ? Buying new houses Subject To and then reselling them on a Lease/Option. If you live in an area with a lot of new subdivisions this is the course for you. I have only found a few other investors in my area doing anything like this so there is very little competition.

Best of luck to you
Matt L.

Re: bronchick vs charlie france - Posted by JT-IN

Posted by JT-IN on April 30, 2002 at 09:20:35:

Dan:

I can’t imagine someone who is a beginner (Newbie), purchasing the “Subject To” course… knowing not much else about RE investing, and getting busy buying property, in such a manner.

With Bronchicks course, you will at least get more of an overview, and the possiblity of recognizing some of the varied opportunities available to an investor.

The only problem with any “one dimensional” approach is, that when you run accross another opportunity,… such as a Sandwich L/O, or a CFD, then those may go unfulfilled if you are in search of only “Subject To” deals.

Just as with a carpenter, everything looks like a nail… You will be far better served by becoming a “Jack of all Trades” in the RE investing business. Then after learning more of what you are doing, then specialize into an area… and that could be “Get the Deed”, at that time.

Just the way that I view things…

JT-IN

Re: bronchick vs charlie france - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on April 30, 2002 at 06:47:40:

I don’t know how Frances are re followup, but Bill answers questions regarding his courses via email…that sort of followup has value.

John Hyre

Re: bronchick vs charlie france - Posted by Terry (Houston)

Posted by Terry (Houston) on April 29, 2002 at 16:41:07:

I like Bill because he covers the buying and the selling, as well as a few more ways to obtain property. And covers them all in depth.

Just my thoughts.

Terry