Brokers? what do they do? what do they cost? - Posted by jesus rodriguez

Posted by Adam King on May 05, 2002 at 14:07:32:

This question is so simple I really don’t know how to answer it!
Call one…
That’s about the best advice I can give you. Brokers can differ from each other like night and day. One might get money from banks while another might use his/her own or from other investors. There are too many variables to what it is you are looking for to what a broker can offer.
Just call and ask. And yes, not only do many people on this site use them, but they also “are” them…
Hope this helps,
Adam

Brokers? what do they do? what do they cost? - Posted by jesus rodriguez

Posted by jesus rodriguez on May 05, 2002 at 12:19:25:

Hi i live in texas and was wondering what a RE broker is. What do they do, what services do they offer and how much do they cost? will they work for anyone? Does anyone here use a broker? what have been everyone experiences with broker?

Agent here - Posted by Dan Stra

Posted by Dan Stra on May 05, 2002 at 20:43:19:

I am an agent but do more in the way of selling my own listings and being an investor.

A lot of the agents I have worked with in the past do little work and charge lots of money. There are some good ones but they will know how to weed out a “newbie” fast.

Like it was sai, call them, ask questions. But, more importantly, get a property to sell and then pick one of hte best to rep you. That will get the attention of the pro.

Finally, as an agent I cannot say that there is a “usual” fee that is charged. A lot depends on the listing. I have seen fees be as low as 3% and as high as 10% in the MLS.

I hope this helps.

Dan