Books! - Posted by Evan CO

Posted by HR on March 17, 2000 at 20:33:41:

nt

Books! - Posted by Evan CO

Posted by Evan CO on March 17, 2000 at 19:55:29:

I have been reading this forum for 3 days now and you guys have motivated me to pursue a career in Real Estate investing. What I need now is a list of books to read?

I have read “The Millionaire Next Door” and “The unofficial Guide to Real Estate Investing”. Please let me know what I should read next.

Thank you,
Evan

P.S. This is regarding an earlier post from David.

“Most probably have some goal of some sort and a MILLION is a nice round number”

David, my goal is to make enough cash where my wife does not have to work. Also her and my children have a comfortable home to live in. Anything else is a bonus!

note we do not have children yet

Re: Books! - Posted by Anna

Posted by Anna on March 19, 2000 at 19:30:42:

Evan,
I am new to REI just like you are. However, I have been reading posts on this site on and off for a couple of months now trying to educate myself and in the process I created a “list” of REI books that were recommended by people contributing to this site. I haven’t read any of them yet because I just got the order last week but I can give you the list so you can check them out on your own. Here it is (according to the area of REI that they cover):
foreclosures:

1. Goldmining in foreclosure properties by George Achenbach
  2. Buying real estate foreclosures by Melissa S. Kollen
    mobile homes:
  3. Deels on wheels by Lonnie Scruggs
  4. making money with mobile homes by Lonnie Scruggs
    flipping:
    1)fast cash with quick turn real estate: how anyone can quickly turn single family houses into cash by Ron LeGrand
  5. buy it, fix it, sell it, profit by Kevin Myers
    general:
  6. rich dad, poor dad by Kiyosaki
    2)cashflow quadrant by Kiyosaki
  7. nothing down for the 90’s by Robert Allen
    4)creating wealth by Robert Allen
    5)no credit required by Ray Mungo
    …i hope that i didn’t miss anything :slight_smile:
    "Try to read everything that you can get yout hands on "-this is the comment I read on several occasions on this site and I believe is the way to go (that’s what I am trying to do right now).
    You should also go to books/courses offered on this web site. You can find there everything you need to get started in REI
    hope this helps

Anna