Best Recovery Chances in 2012 - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by Jerry Donovan on April 22, 2011 at 22:20:02:

That is a favorite trick of the Bush administration. When you don’t like the message, attack the messenger. Investment counselors across the Nation are advocating silver or gold purchases in small quantities as a hedge against what will be drastically increased costs.

Kiyosaki did an excellent job explaining why gold is valuable and the dollar is just paper. Do you really disagree with that?

Best Recovery Chances in 2012 - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on April 21, 2011 at 07:32:54:

According to CNNMoney.com:

Best recovery chances for 2012

1. Tacoma, WA (Prices in nearby Seattle are about 50 percent higher)

2. Palm Bay, FL (Was significantly overbuilt leading to 50 percent declines in prices)

3. Memphis, TN (The economy has been strengthening and foreclosures are slowing down)

4. Rochester, NY (Housing is cheap and there are several good, local employers)

5. Pittsburgh (Prices only fell 0.6 percent from peak and prices were relatively low to start)

6. Seattle, WA (Limited supply of housing with a good mix of employers)

7. Tucson, AZ (Median prices fell 38 percent already and market is better than in Phoenix)

8. Colorado Springs (Growing population and affordable homes are there)

9. Charlotte, NC (Watch for corporate growth to return)

10. New Haven, CT (Expected to grow with national economy)

Source: Les Christie, CNNMoney.com, (February 2, 2011)

Re: Best Recovery Chances in 2012 - Posted by Woody

Posted by Woody on April 21, 2011 at 15:50:16:

Best recovery chances for 2012

…will include a new fiscal responsible president.

I Like - Posted by DJ-nyc

Posted by DJ-nyc on April 21, 2011 at 15:49:53:

Rochester, Pittsburgh and *Charlotte (has a city and country feel).

Thanks, David

Re: Best Recovery Chances in 2012 - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on April 21, 2011 at 15:03:30:

… most likely according to some 23 year old intern at CNN, that took all of a day researching it by reviewing other such predictions prepared by other such interns, and so on…

Re: Best Recovery Chances in 2012 - Posted by Jim Johnson

Posted by Jim Johnson on April 21, 2011 at 10:39:19:

That’s really nice, but the dollar is crashing quickly around us. When China follows through and refuses to accept the US dollar, probably by the end of June, we’ll be paying $10 for a gallon of gas and $7 for a loaf of bread. Buying real estate will be the last thing on the minds of suffering Americans and the “value” will be an illusion.

Re: I Like - Posted by Alex SC

Posted by Alex SC on April 22, 2011 at 12:28:18:

DJ Yes this is still the country areas just out side of Charlotte.I live in Rock Hill SC just 20 minutes below Charlotte. If I see 3 cars go by the house I think some thing big must be going on. Even put the two rocking chairs on front porch. So it is nice that our market is coming back and be able to live in the sticks as we call it.We invest just below Charlotte on South Carolina side. Mainly in Rock Hill but rentals and rental income still good. Nothing really going on retail side. Hoping that picks up some time soon.

Hope all is well

Alex

Re: I Like - Posted by Kristine-CA

Posted by Kristine-CA on April 21, 2011 at 17:23:25:

I liked that Pittsburgh was on the list too. Good to know that areas where
prices were already low (as in there were no jobs, there are still no jobs,
people were living in poverty and people are still living in poverty) will
“recover” faster.

turn off your television and radio - Posted by Patrick Boone

Posted by Patrick Boone on April 29, 2011 at 10:10:20:

Jim,
The comments posted are parroting of news storys which are designed to evoke an emotional response and keep you watching. Turn it off and eliminate reading bias “the sky is falling” news articles; you’ll be amazed at how quickly your money will grow.
Patrick

Posted by Jim Johnson on April 26, 2011 at 14:52:50:

I worded that kind of loosely. I said China would begin to discontinue the acceptance of the dollar. Gas and food won’t jump that high the first day – give it a couple of months. The markets will go nuts, however.

Re: Best Recovery Chances in 2012 - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on April 25, 2011 at 16:51:53:

The good thing about this post is that we only have to wait 8 weeks for the punch line. Either gas more than doubles in that time… or it doesn’t.

Re: Best Recovery Chances in 2012 - Posted by Woody

Posted by Woody on April 21, 2011 at 15:53:21:

Not Yet JJ

QE2 will be starting the process of a phase out.

Re: Best Recovery Chances in 2012 - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on April 21, 2011 at 15:11:40:

Jim Johnson has predicted that China will be refusing to accept U.S. Dollars by the end of June, you heard it here first!

Re: I Like - Posted by Alex SC

Posted by Alex SC on April 22, 2011 at 21:52:37:

Kristine

I sent a response to your email. You right I don"t see a recovery even in this market.For us solid cash flow rentals is keeping our company going.So any good news about the local area helps,realistic or not. The factors you mention are real.Those same factors are affecting a little town of Chester SC. Even has one of the highest unemployment rate in SC. Yet our rentals do great in that town. Go figure.

Just my two cents…

Alex

the old Pittsburgh isn’t there any more… - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on April 21, 2011 at 22:38:15:

all the steel miills actually in Pittsburg have closed. The tallest building in Pittsburg at 62 floors, used to be called the US Steel Building. No more. Today the employer in the city is the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, and the 62 story office building is now called UPMC Towers.

Between 1950 & today the population of Pittsburgh has declined 50%. Medical facilities, medical research and related fields are big now.

Research in gneral is big with over 150 different research labs and the third largest employer in the area.

Education is a big industry in Pittsburgh with 7 universities and various other colleges and post high school education facilities.

Financial services and government are alos big employers.

Today more people in Pittsburgh work in liesure and hospitality than manufacturing.

And last but not least there are also the Steelers, Penguins, Pathers and even the Pirates, and how many other cities have a real submarine floating in the river.

Re: turn off your television and radio - Posted by Jim Johnson

Posted by Jim Johnson on April 29, 2011 at 13:11:12:

No currency can survive when it is backed by only air. When Nixon took the US off the gold standard in 1971, he cemented its doom. Only Gold And Silver Can Be Money - YouTube

Posted by Jim Johnson on April 21, 2011 at 17:41:08:

Jack. You need to be alert to the fact that our dollar is not going to make it. The signs are there for all to see. Those who do and take action will be OK. Just today, the U.S. dollar fell to its lowest point since August 2008 against a basket of major currencies, including an all-time low against the Swiss franc.

China knew Treasurys were dead months ago. A Chinese government-backed credit-rating agency downgraded the United States’ credit rating last November, when QE2 was announced. If it doesn’t happen by June 30, I’ll be surprised, and I’m not alone in that prediction.

Posted by Jim Johnson on April 21, 2011 at 15:52:44:

That’s right. In case you missed it, earlier this week China announced that its foreign currency reserves
are excessive and that they need to return to ?reasonable? levels.

In politician speak, this is a clear, ?we are sick of the US Dollar and will be taking steps to lower our holdings.? Remember, the US Dollar is China?s largest single holding. And China has already begun dumping Treasuries (US Debt).

This comes on the heels of China deciding (along with Russia) to trade in their own currencies, NOT the US Dollar. Not to mention the numerous warnings Chinese politicians have been issuing to the US over the last 24 months.

If you are not investing in small denominations of gold and silver NOW, you’ll be sorry later. Just sayin…

I heard that the tenants pay their rent on time - Posted by DJ-nyc

Posted by DJ-nyc on April 22, 2011 at 09:06:51:

Yes that’s what I heard. That’s good news for me. Because collecting rent here in nyc is tough. :slight_smile:

DJ-nyc

Re: the old Pittsburgh isn’t there any more… - Posted by Kristine-CA

Posted by Kristine-CA on April 21, 2011 at 22:42:19:

Don’t get me wrong, I like Pittsburgh. You can take the girl out of the
rust belt but can’t take the rust belt out of the girl. Inner city Pittsburgh
was still pretty rough in terms of unemployment and crime last time I was
there and that was during the “boom”.