Best Overall Real Estate Investing Course - Posted by Kirkland Brown

Posted by Clair-MO on April 09, 2003 at 20:45:01:

Kirkland,I have been using Sheets’ course for 8 years for purchasing homes and apartment complexes with zero down or very, very little down. I’m not complaining, I have used the techniques and in variations where there are more than 1000 ways you can purchase properties with bad credit and no money. My recommendations will be to do the following:

1. Purchase a course in a specific area that you will like to specialize in…Read everything that you can get your hands on to get yourself educated in REInvesting.
  2. Join a real estate club and net-work with the investors in the club. If you don’t have a club join the chat room on this site and net-work with the investors in there.
  3. Find a mentor to help guide you in the specialize area you are learning. If you need help finding a mentor please feel free to come to the chat room and talk to me. I can direct you to one.
  4. Read the archives and everything on this site at least three times.
  5. For every area you want specialize in you definitely need to have time to read, study, ask questions and put to use the knowledge you are gaining.

Best Overall Real Estate Investing Course - Posted by Kirkland Brown

Posted by Kirkland Brown on April 09, 2003 at 19:50:27:

I just purchased the Carleton Sheets RE Investing course. I am about to dig into the course. Before I do, does anyone know of a equivalent or better course?

Thank you.

Vena Jones -Cox Has The Best Course - Posted by Martin Greenberg

Posted by Martin Greenberg on April 10, 2003 at 11:23:43:

Dear Kirkland:
The best overall real estate investing course I have found is Vena Jones-Cox’s Real Estate 101. It is a good overall intrduction to the wonderful world of real estate investing. She has a bias against landlording and in favor of lease/options that she states up front.

Vena is an experienced investor who is the past president of the Cincinnati and Ohio REIA. She also has a radio on the local NPR station you can listen to on the internet.