Besides Mobile Homes - Posted by Darrin (MD)

Posted by Sailor on October 28, 2005 at 06:57:54:

Yes, I draw the line @ sponsoring multiple weddings for the same DD. Fifteen (long) yrs ago elder DD decided to marry 2nd guy & asked me what I planned to do for that wedding. My response was, “I plan to not wear heels.”

Tye

Besides Mobile Homes - Posted by Darrin (MD)

Posted by Darrin (MD) on October 27, 2005 at 21:25:40:

What else do you invest in besides mobile homes?

Re: Besides MHs … GOLD and SILVER - Posted by James

Posted by James on October 30, 2005 at 19:52:43:

Gold and Silver are the truest form of money/investment.

Silver has a geological ratio to gold of 17:1, however is currently priced at 60:1 relative to gold. I would suggest up to 20% of your investments in Silver for the foreseeable future. Go to www.kitco.com for daily spot pricing. Your local gun/coin shops will have rounds and bars for you to buy and hold.

Our ‘money’ is no money at all, it is a fiat monetary system. You will note that Lonnie does what the Federal Reserve System, a private bank does. He creates money out of thin air for borrowers. The Federal Reserve does it for its biggest customer, the US Government, and also for borrowing customers of member banks.

Since its inception in 1913, the Federal Reserve System has inflated 96% of the value out of the currency, the FRN. Since it will necessarily have no value at or before 100%, gold and silver are going to be tradeable for your needs, and with a little work, are now tradeable for all your daily necessities.

Given the spread, I suggest a 100% (of your above designated metal investment budget) silver holding until the ratio closes and then a omnimetalist look at opportunities in other metals, notably, but not exclusively, gold. Platinum is possibly a good move, as well. Palladium rarely makes sense.

Short term future pricing for gold is rumored often in the low thousands per ouce. When that price comes, it will come quickly, as in 1980. The ratio, notably, in 1980 closed to $850 Gold, and $50 Silver. A ratio of 17:1. The message is that geological ratios tend to pull the market into compliance when the prices surge, and thus, silver will achive a greater geometric progression in pricing relative to golds’ surging price.

Notably, last November I last saw a LOT of silver available at the coin shop. 3 weeks later, the 2 show boxes of inventory were gone, that is over 500 ounces in 3 weeks. The coin store does it supply purchasing over the counter, and not buying commercially. They have been very, VERY skinny for a year now, and that will contiue.

The gain since then has been over 10%, straight, not including a serious price dip since then. I very much wanted to sell and rebuy, and make some FRN’s, however, I had commited my silver to other purposes already.

I, lastly, shall point out that the various national banks of the world have OVERSOLD their gold holdings from 5,000 TONS to over 25,000 TONS, depending on the expert and his information and opinion. I often point out to friends who pay attention that you will note no one is suggesting a number undre 3,000 tons oversold at all. NOT ONE GOLD EXPERT says that the gold holdings of the worlds’ national banks is held in a responsible manner!

This also impacts the gold market, and indirectly, the silver market. Gold must be purchased to physically satisfy the banks’ holding rquirements at some point. That tonnage needed alone eclipses the worlds’ annual gold production of 2500 tons by from 2 years supply to 10.

I humbly suggest a bit of silver. I have as much as I can get, and I shall get more.

Lastly, WHEN the next economic slowdown occurs, and your holdings sag to lets say, 50% of their current value, then the 10-20% held in metals will surge and recover your losses, or seriously mitigate them. with a minor doubling or tripling of the value of the given metal…which historically happens in those circumstances. So…

(I might mention now, that metal trading from metal to metal is prvate, and not taxed. It is a trading of property, as surely as trading cars and pickups. Do not convert or allow representation in FRNs to avoid a taxable event.)

Re: Besides Mobile Homes - Posted by Steve-MO

Posted by Steve-MO on October 29, 2005 at 09:23:08:

The most natural investment after mobile homes is mobile home parks. We have several and also invest in apartments, single and multi-family dwellings and also farm property.

Re: Besides Mobile Homes - Posted by osupsycho (OK)

Posted by osupsycho (OK) on October 28, 2005 at 10:25:57:

That would be easy… Oklahoma State football, basketball, wrestling… etc. How do you think I go the name? One of my goals is for my mobile homes to be able to pay for a real nice suite in the press box area of the OSU football stadium.

On a more serious note I run a small cattle operation (more of a tax shelter than an investment) and am looking at some rental houses and other turn key businesses.

Re: Besides Mobile Homes - Posted by Bobbie

Posted by Bobbie on October 28, 2005 at 01:22:55:

PUPPIES – English Bulldogs

Re: Besides Mobile Homes - Posted by Gary

Posted by Gary on October 27, 2005 at 22:17:13:

Second home at the lake(aka money pit),old boats(yes, the two best days of owning a boat are the day you buy it and the day you sell it),and traveling with my wife.

Re: Besides Mobile Homes - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on October 27, 2005 at 21:59:50:

Raw land, stocks, health, memories, my community, & 3 generations of offspring. I find that in most things, time is as important as $$$. I don’t plan to leave a lot of money, but just so there isn’t a family battle, my Executor has been informed who gets the pizza pan I’ve used since 1958.

My daughters’ weddings! nt - Posted by Robin (OR)

Posted by Robin (OR) on October 27, 2005 at 21:55:09:

nt

Re: Besides Mobile Homes - Posted by JT

Posted by JT on October 27, 2005 at 21:44:56:

3 kids: 5y, 1.5y, Hangin out w/ momma still(5/2006)

Heineken! - Posted by KK

Posted by KK on October 27, 2005 at 21:32:31:

;-)3

Re: GOLD and SILVER - Posted by Elise

Posted by Elise on November 04, 2005 at 24:14:47:

Interesting. I just read that China and India are net purchasers of gold. As their economies grow, the first thing that the people want besides the basic necessities is gold. They do not trust paper money.

Also, several OPEC members are seriously discussing only accepting payment in gold for their oil. What will this do to the price of gold?

Oh My, how could I have forgotten that. . . - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on October 28, 2005 at 10:19:27:

Oh my, how could I have forgotten the boat(s)! Who could not love a sweet cutter-rigged, center-cockpit, double-ender w/a workshop? Her name, “Yankee Rogue,” is as fine as her lines, & on the 2nd week of logging expenses I threw away the accounting book because I didn’t want to the costs to interfere w/my enjoyment.

Tye (who in her mind’s-eye is sitting here @ the computer running w/the dolphins before the wind)

Re: My daughters’ weddings! nt - Posted by Joe-Ga

Posted by Joe-Ga on October 27, 2005 at 22:05:40:

sorry to hear your daughter has an “S” at the end of wedding.

Re: GOLD and SILVER - Posted by Steve

Posted by Steve on November 04, 2005 at 22:18:33:

I read somewhere that most oil in the world today is purchased using American dollars. I am no expert but I would suspect that if OPEC only accepted gold for oil, gold would rise and the dollar would fall compared to gold and other currencies.

Again I read this somewhere, I do not recall where that there is some reluctance from some foreign governments buying bonds from the US government. If they decide to cash in their bonds and not buy more, there will be lots of US dollars floating around and lots of inflation.

Basically what the guy was saying that we have been exporting our inflation, increased money supply in the form of debt. If they decide to cash in for what ever reason, there will be lots and lots of dollars floating around.

That is my understanding. Like I said, I am not and expert at this.

Oh well, so much for smaller government under a republican controlled congress with a republican president. A lying politician is a lying politician no matter what the party.

Steve

Re: My daughters’ weddings! nt - Posted by Robin (OR)

Posted by Robin (OR) on October 27, 2005 at 22:12:07:

Not multiple weddings, multiple daughters - one wedding per daughter. 2 this year. Total of 3 down, 2 to go.

Re: GOLD - Posted by The Mogambo Guru

Posted by The Mogambo Guru on November 08, 2005 at 20:37:54:

Peter Brimelow, of MarketWatch.com, quoted Bridgewater Associates as saying, “Many of the world’s oil exporters have a penchant for holding gold; if they only held 1% if their incremental wealth in gold, the incremental oil revenues flowing into these countries would raise the investment demand for gold by 25%.”

And speaking of gold, the World Gold Council says, “India’s gold consumption is expected to rise 33% in 2005 to 850 tons due to higher income, good harvests, and we will add, a booming stock market. Much of those profits are going into gold.” And the buying of gold has already started, as they note that in India, “Consumption, excluding recycled gold, rose 57% to 508 tons in the first half of the year, up from 322 tons in the first half of 2004.” Compare that to the 642 tons of gold that India consumed during the whole of last year!

Al Jazeera.com reports that there is more to this Indian buying of gold than meets the eye, “Indian households are on a record gold-buying spree as oil price-driven inflation threatens to wipe out savings from rising incomes in one of the world’s fastest-growing economies.” What, people flocking to gold to flee inflation? I thought that whole idea was a relic, as so loudly proclaimed by the Anglo-Saxon central bank bozos and the mutual fund salesmen for the last seventy years!

The problem is, as AlJazeera.com reports, “The income of middle class Indian families has been going up with the economy growing at a robust 7% to 8%, but putting their savings in banks is yielding little as the interest rate of 4% to 5% is barely on a par with the inflation rate.” In short, they are getting screwed out of the purchasing power of their money, just like we are, and they, in response, are plowing their money into gold rather than leave it in the darned banks, while we Americans put more money into overpriced stocks, overpriced bonds and overpriced houses!

Hahahaha! No wonder we get no respect!

They go on to report that the price of gold is expected to “rise another 5% to 10% by the year-end as more people invest their savings and demand for jewelry soars during the October to February festival and marriage season.” Wow! Talk about a wealth of bullish factors!

The Mogambo Guru