Berno Update (VERY Long) - Posted by Berno

Posted by Berno on August 15, 2006 at 10:00:25:

Yeah, it’s a LOT more exciting when you’re a landlord that doesn’t screen applicants at all!

It was great meeting you at Boot Camp. I’m sure that you are a world class Podiatrist, but you really need to work on your dream interpretation!

-Berno

Berno Update (VERY Long) - Posted by Berno

Posted by Berno on August 14, 2006 at 16:56:19:

I just got back from my trip to Iowa City to get a new cell phone. As luck would have it, US Cellular didn’t have ONE SINGLE PHONE in stock! Luck? Oh yes…

With all of the spare time I now had I made the command decision to finally stop by office of that big ol’ mobile home park a few miles up the road from my home. I had cruised the park before but had always said I would stop in the office ‘later’ and chat with the manager.

I walked in the office and found a lady behind the desk with a mouthful of Cheetos (actually chocolate, but Cheetos are just a bit more humorous). I introduced myself and asked if she was the park manager. After finding out that I wasn’t from one of the area newspapers (guess the county is on them to clean up the park and the news guys love a good story) she was more than happy to talk with me.

I told her that I purchase mobile homes from folks that are in a pinch and need a quick sale. I said that I fixed 'em up a bit and sold them after they were in good shape. I made it clear that I need to buy low to make a profit. She said “Do you do abandoned homes too?” and I said that it depended on several factors including condition and price. I found out that they have 18 sitting in the park that need to go. It costs the park about $1700 to get rid of them. I said that if they wouldn?t require a total gut, I might be able to take a few off her hands for the right price…and I told her that it meant THEY would pay ME. She actually said that we might be able to work something out.

To make a long story long, this California-Investor-Owned-Park has 233 spaces total, about 50 empty pads and 18 abandoned homes. She said that there are no age restrictions on new homes coming in if they are in good shape. The park actually will do a tear-down and set-up complete for $1000 and will give any home brought in 6 months free lot rent ($316/month is the rate). I don’t need to qualify but anyone I sell to needs to have a check done.

We exchanged cards and then she remembered someone who had a home that they were really anxious to sell. She called them right there and left a voicemail for the owner.

Could I have stumbled onto a better situation? Looks like I may be the only one working the mobiles around here too!

If this ends up half as good as it looks, I may NEVER get around to fixing up my Poker House!

Thanks to all of you who attended the Boot Camp this weekend. That’s the reason I got off the couch (either that or the fact that I’m running on no sleep). Hopefully soon I’ll be one of you and not just the stick-built guy who posts on your board!

I’ll let you know how it goes…

-Berno

Go Berno - Posted by Dr. B.(OH)

Posted by Dr. B.(OH) on August 14, 2006 at 22:14:39:

Berno,

It was great meeting you at the Boot Camp. Your humorous stories will undoubtedly become endless once you get some LDs under your belt.

Happy Trail(er)s,
Steve

Re: Berno Update (VERY Long) - Posted by Tony Colella

Posted by Tony Colella on August 14, 2006 at 20:48:10:

Congrats on getting those lonnie deals jump started!

Hang in there Berno, that poker room might just yet come in handy. You think those friends of yours would take a lonnie note a face value?

Tony