Before you apply for credit somewhere... - Posted by michaela-ATL

Posted by michaela-ATL on April 22, 2003 at 07:54:39:

krisitine,
yes and no ;-). I sued Equifax in small claims court for refusing to correct a mistake. The judge gave the option of dismissing the case, if equifax was willing to correct the mistake. SO, techinically I didn’t win, but since I got exactly what I wanted I consider it a win.

FYI - If you’re planning to do it, the same lawyer, John, J. Friedman, is flying all over the country to deal with Equifax cases. I’ve also discussed some of these things on creditnet , look at ‘i won, i won’.

search for cases ‘jennifer cushman vs trans union’ , stevenson vs trw, henson, schoendorf vs ud registry’. They all deal with rulings, that a CRA needs to widen the scope of their investigation, if a dispute is presented.

Good luck, let me know, if i can help you

michaela

Before you apply for credit somewhere… - Posted by michaela-ATL

Posted by michaela-ATL on April 21, 2003 at 14:10:53:

check out this link. http://www.creditboards.com/creditsearch/
If you go by state, you can see who pulls which credit report. Since some of your reports are better than others, you may want to make sure, that you only apply with people, that pull the better reports/higher scores, so, that you don’t waste any hard inquiries.

michaela

PS: It’s a great day, when you go to court against EQUIFAX and the judge makes them do exactly what you wanted all along :wink:

Re: Before you apply for credit somewhere… - Posted by Kristine-CA

Posted by Kristine-CA on April 22, 2003 at 01:44:41:

Michaela: do mean that you sued Equifax and the judge ruled in your favor? I’m comtemplating doing that same thing right this very evening. After multiple attempts to remove an item that is not mine. They have followed none of the correct procedures, etc.

Did anyone show in court?

Sincerely, Kristine