Becoming an RE Agent.. Read On please! - Posted by JT

Posted by Stan on January 19, 2005 at 09:54:55:

I was an agent for about 15 years. Brokerages are just like any other employer; you interview them until you find one that you are comfortable with. Ideally, if you are starting out find one that offers a lot of in house training. Where the broker or star agent(s) is very approachable. Being an agent can be a lucrative career if you are willing to put in the work. Just like investing, many will fail, some will succeed. You just need to decide if you will fail or succeed.

Now as far as paying for the schooling and liscensing, I am not aware of that. What some do, is if you attend their sponsored school, they will reimbure your tuition at your first closing (here in Ga most classes are in the $395-$500 range. State license exam is another $200 (which they usually do not reimburse). Now some will pay all/portion of your post liscense education. that is all negotiable. Good luck.

Becoming an RE Agent… Read On please! - Posted by JT

Posted by JT on January 18, 2005 at 23:54:33:

I am interested in becoming an Agent and have seen these ads in the paper regarding how some companies will pay for the schooling, license, etc etc… My Q is this… has anyone here done this and if so any success storys? Also any advice about these… thanks all in advance!

Re: Becoming an RE Agent… Read On please! - Posted by TT

Posted by TT on January 20, 2005 at 02:12:25:

I thought you were doing pretty well, why would you want to be an agent?