Beach Condo-Investment - Posted by julie

Posted by Bob Davis on April 29, 2008 at 20:13:11:

Maint Fees and Ins. is high. 320k should buy you a very nice condo. We just sold one in Clearwater. We had it for about 10 years. People who rent want them usually in the fall and winter, the same time we would have liked to use it. Prices are definately low and the deals are there to be had. Just make sure you will be able to use it and enjoy the time you have in mind. You could take the 320K and rent a place on the beach for the winter months for the next twenty years and eliminate the hassle. Good Luck!

Beach Condo-Investment - Posted by julie

Posted by julie on April 18, 2008 at 22:06:46:

I am thinking about purchasing a condo in FL on the Beach as a part time 2nd home & rent it out for several months out of the yr also. I know HOA fees are rediculous & taxes are high but prices are beginning to fall & Im thinking now may be a good time to take the leap. This has been my families dream but I have always thought it was not “practical” for us to own. I am wondering if anyone has experience in beach rentals & if it is possible to at least have the place pay for itself & break even if it is rented out …say…9-10 months out of the yr & listed with an aggressive property manager. I have seen several beach condo repos here & I believe I could purchase one for around 320k. Any info, help or advice is appreciated.

Re: Beach Condo-Investment - Posted by Mike Marsh

Posted by Mike Marsh on July 07, 2008 at 11:31:31:

Julie,

I can get you a place and pay all payments during the first 30 months. I
would also pay you rent during that time period. The only catch is that
you wouldn’t be able to live there during that time. Take a look a
www.hanovercompanies.com and let me know if you are interested.

Mike Marsh
773-305-1263

Re: Beach Condo-Investment - Posted by Joe-Ga

Posted by Joe-Ga on June 30, 2008 at 04:09:19:

wait till this winter… I was recently shopping there also and prices are falling daily…3 beedroom, 2 ath on the beach… $295K

Re: Beach Condo-Investment - Posted by jack E

Posted by jack E on June 29, 2008 at 15:23:14:

IMO it is unlikely that you are going to be able to positive cash flow a beach rental here in Florida. But I am sure there are exceptions. If you can find one great.