Bank of New York REO dept? - Posted by CristinCO

Posted by Tim on July 19, 2007 at 13:39:33:

Actually, BONY is still operating under BONY. Chase did not buy BONY. Chase acquired the retail banking business from BONY and BONY now has a contract to perform all custodial business of Chase. In fact, BONY is now Bank of New York Mellon. Bank of New York bought Mellon Financial.

Bank of New York REO dept? - Posted by CristinCO

Posted by CristinCO on July 19, 2007 at 06:32:19:

I found a property that has Bank of New York Simi Valley, CA listed as the owner. Does anyone have an idea on how to contact them? They are not listed in directory assistance. Thanks.

trustee? - Posted by lukeNC

Posted by lukeNC on July 19, 2007 at 15:28:36:

I havent found any properties actually owned by bank of new york. Usually you’ll find that bank of new york is just trustee of a fund that actually owns the home.

You may want to check a bit further.

Re: Bank of New York REO dept? - Posted by Frank Chin

Posted by Frank Chin on July 19, 2007 at 07:37:44:

Bank of New York was bought over by Chase. I bank at Chase, and asked them if it was true. Got a large BONY branch and a Chase branch a block from one another in my neighborhood, and a year after the merger, the Chase branch is moving into the larger BONY branch as of Aug 3…

Frank Chin

Re: trustee? - Posted by CristinCO

Posted by CristinCO on July 19, 2007 at 16:22:06:

Thanks. The B of NY is trustee for CWABS, which I assume is Countrywide Asset Backed Securities. I looked on Countrywide’s online REO listing and didn’t find the property. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Re: Bank of New York REO dept? - Posted by CristinCO

Posted by CristinCO on July 19, 2007 at 11:49:54:

Thanks. I will try Chase.

Re: Bank of New York REO dept? - Posted by Suzanna Huitron

Posted by Suzanna Huitron on November 24, 2007 at 12:26:54:

I would like information on how to become a listing agent with Bank of New York?I’m a Real Estate Agent in the Central Coast.