BANDIT SIGNS - Posted by Mark-GA

Posted by Fred on March 29, 2001 at 16:59:12:

Hi Jim,
Nice web site you have. Where do you post those 8 1/2 x 11 signs to get the best response? Thanks

BANDIT SIGNS - Posted by Mark-GA

Posted by Mark-GA on March 23, 2001 at 10:10:37:

I’m being challenged trying get some bandit signs printed up. Who’d a thunk it?

Coroplast is too expensive ($7/ea). Everyone else seems to be decidedly uninterested in printing on poster board. Is there something I’m missing here?

I read a post from someone who made them himself. I could resort to that but I’d rather have something that looked professional.

What type of printer or company should I be looking for? Type of material to be printed on? How much ea?

Someone prints on paper because developers are putting up signs all over the metro area. Any suggestions?

Super Cheap Signs! - Posted by BR

Posted by BR on March 24, 2001 at 07:08:13:

A few months ago I was quoted a price of $1.90 ea for 100 18x24 coroplast signs by Alfred at 512-833-9900. I don’t remember if that quote was for one sided or two. I have not ordered from them but know someone who has and his total price was $220.00 for 100 18x24 signs shipping included.

Different idea… - Posted by ScottE

Posted by ScottE on March 24, 2001 at 24:49:28:

Mark
You may look into a thin vinyl-type sign (similar to material used for GAP bags, etc). They are printed double-sided and come with a metal frame to slide the ‘bag’ over and stick in the ground. Alternatively, you can staple them up anywhere without the frame.

Best of all THEY’RE CHEAP! Two color is right at $0.81 including the metal frame ($0.25 per frame).

Just an idea.

Scott

Re: BANDIT SIGNS - Posted by Jay -IN

Posted by Jay -IN on March 23, 2001 at 22:05:44:

If you want Double sided signs, check out osirisimaging.com. If you buy 100 the price is $4.35ea.
If you want smaller quantities, the price goes up.

They have several layouts for investors to choose from.
Jay

Sorry! I posted your answer to Bryan - Posted by Jim

Posted by Jim on March 23, 2001 at 18:53:53:

Just my thoughts and suggestion to your post.

I was reading through the thread and mistakenly posted my reply to Bryan instead of you.

Best of Luck & Success

Jim

Re: BANDIT SIGNS - Posted by Bryan

Posted by Bryan on March 23, 2001 at 10:13:51:

You can find MUCH better prices on coroplast signs than $7/each.

Be careful…alot of places in Georgia are REALLY tightening up on bandit signs. I’ve had to start using other marketing methods for many of my target areas.

Re: Different idea… - Posted by Vic

Posted by Vic on March 24, 2001 at 21:33:32:

Scott,

Thanks for the good idea. But where would you get this kind of sign printed - a sign place or a screen printing type place?

Thanks,
Vic

Re: BANDIT SIGNS - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on March 24, 2001 at 01:33:54:

I’d suggest you talk to David below. You’re paying too much.

JPiper

Re: BANDIT SIGNS - Posted by Terry (Houston)

Posted by Terry (Houston) on March 23, 2001 at 22:53:36:

I have a guy in Houston a lot lower than that. I think $2.69 double sided and he ships. I think the size is 18x24 ti’s the bigger one. I use 1 side order in quantities of 500 and get a great deal.

May even be lower for larger quantities.

Re: BANDIT SIGNS - Posted by Jim

Posted by Jim on March 23, 2001 at 18:47:35:

Bryan.

How professional looking does a sign that says … “I BUY HOUSES” along with a phone number have to look?

I use 8-1/2 X11 paper and some will argue that it’s too small, but it gets me calls! and I simply print them out right off my printer. I encase them with those cheap clear plastic report covers, (100 for $3.95) and post them all over the place.

Motivated Sellers don’t care about professional looking signs…They care about finding solutions to their problem at hand. (That house that they need to sell fast!) …and your sign that says “I BUY HOUSES” will get you the calls you’re looking for.

Besides why spend all kinds of money on signs that will eventually get torn down by either city workers, kids, or sometimes jealous competitors! when you can spend very little to accomplish the same results.

Make up those signs & Make some money!

Best of Luck & Success to you

Jim

Re: Different idea… - Posted by ScottE

Posted by ScottE on March 25, 2001 at 17:36:33:

Vic,
I had trouble finding exactly what I was looking for at places like FastSigns, etc.
Below is the place I found the signs. There is an initial setup charge and they like you to have an example of the sign you want. You can make anything up on your computer and they can shrink or expand it to fit the size sign you want.

Good luck!
Scott

Bags Inc
1900 N Sooner Rd
Oklahoma City, OK 73141-1226
Phone: (405) 427-5473