Bandit Signs - Posted by Kyle

Posted by ski on July 13, 2005 at 19:18:35:

Who called??? Betcha it was the competition not some law abiding joe public type person…Happens here all the time. Those dat takes dem down is does dats puts up the next ones in their place.

Bandit Signs - Posted by Kyle

Posted by Kyle on July 12, 2005 at 23:47:07:

Over the last 3 weeks I’ve posted 150 signs. Not one call regarding selling property, but several angry people saying they’ve taken them down and asking me not to post them again. Tonight I received a call from the King County (WA) Sheriff saying I have until the end of the week to remove them or they will confinscate them.

I checked the county’s rules re: signs and I did it within the guidelines. Why all the hassles? Do others who utilize signs have similar experiences? I wasn’t expecting the community backlash.

Re: Bandit Signs - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on July 13, 2005 at 15:58:57:

“I checked the county’s rules re: signs and I did it within guidelines”.

I doubt it. You either read what you wanted to see, or the sheriff is just jealous. You might want to do the reading part again.

For some real excitement we could get in Pookie’s MLM. We could get on the first level, get some signs made up, and then when the sheriff comes to take the old signs down we could paste MLM signs on the back of the sheriff cruiser, that’s the ticket.

Do you mind? - Posted by Pookie Wookie

Posted by Pookie Wookie on July 13, 2005 at 12:07:08:

Do you mind if I put cheap looking signs all over your neighborhood promoting a MLM opporunity?

If not, why the hassle?

Re: Bandit Signs - Posted by Rich

Posted by Rich on July 13, 2005 at 01:29:00:

Kyle,

I have put them up in Pierce County, and have had the same success. In spite of what all the guru’s say about them, they do not seem to work here. I have seen tons of them in King county though. Theydon’t seem to be taking their’s down.

Re: Bandit Signs - Posted by whyK-CA

Posted by whyK-CA on July 13, 2005 at 24:57:55:

How did you put 150 signs legally?

Do you see other investors signs?

Re: Bandit Signs - Posted by Elizabeth (NJ)

Posted by Elizabeth (NJ) on July 13, 2005 at 24:40:52:

Hi Kyle,

I can tell you that here in NJ, where investors (me included) crawl over each other for the deals that are popping up, we all hate the bandit signs. They’re everywhere, many times competing signs nailed one after the other on the utility poles at every intersection.

I’m not familiar with your part of the country, but have you considered another way to pique consumer interest in your investing activities? Maybe flyers in small delis, nail salons, barber shops, etc.?

Also, keep in mind that the very people who are giving you a hard time about the signs might be your next deal and you don’t want to antagonize them. They will remember you and how you handle this will predict how you move forward in your business in your area.

Best of luck to you.

Elizabeth

Re: Bandit Signs - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on July 13, 2005 at 24:29:04:

I take and deface illegal “I buy houses” sleaze ball signs because they reflect negatively upon law abiding investors.

Re: Bandit Signs - Posted by Gerry Swartz

Posted by Gerry Swartz on September 29, 2006 at 16:41:59:

I have posted many through Orting and they are real aggressive on pulling them down. Puyallup hasn’t touched a one. My signs were for Rent to Own. I live in Bonney Lake and will try some Buying signs. Tomorrow I will try some hand written black on yellow signs and see how they do. Give me a call if you want to chat some more Kyle. 253 347 1882

Re: Bandit Signs - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on July 13, 2005 at 09:59:22:

Elizabeth, have you seen some of those huge billboards
on the Parkway/Turnpike saying something like “in foreclosure…call Betty Bailout!” LOL.