Back in business. - Posted by Tom

Posted by Jimbob on December 23, 1998 at 13:53:16:

Tom,

Good for you, there are two basic ways to get into the real estate investing business, you have already experienced one of them. The other way is to buy, fix up and sell properties for profit. Sure there are many more, but that’s the two major ones. Being a landlord takes work, and it normally takes a thick skin also, people can make money off rentals, and they are normally good long term investments. After a while you’ll get used to it. I personally mix the two tecniques I’ve described. By flipping properties, it allows me to buy more flips and a few rentals here and there, keep some variety in your life, it’ll never get boring. Over the long haul you’ll have amassed quite a small fortune, do you think the company you work for will do that for you?

Good Luck…

Jimbob

Back in business. - Posted by Tom

Posted by Tom on December 23, 1998 at 11:06:32:

After buying my first investment property last year ( it wasn’t no money down). I rapidly became disenchanted as a landlord and put my copy of cs in the closet. After reading all the positive posts in this news group I recently blew the dust off it and pulled it back down.
I found my biggest mistake was listening to all the negative people who are doing nothing but going to work everyday. I do the samething but I have 4 renters buying my investment property and making my house payments + a hundred $ extra.
What was I thinking? Thanks to all the positive input in this news group I can’t wait to get started again.
Would like to make contact with anyone in the tri-city area of Nebraska to compare notes on the re market or start a REI club.