AWESOME SITE! CIRCLE OF LIFE POST, SUPPORT, ETC.! - Posted by Tim Randle - Austin

Posted by SusanL.–FL on September 20, 1999 at 08:31:19:

Hope my ‘better half’ hops to it (again) one of these days…but I doubt it…

He is still recovering from surgery (9/3) and the recovery is NOT going well at all (turned his shoulder into hamburger). Plus is still in a mental ‘funk’ from a real estate deal that ‘did us in’ several years ago (and are still feeling the repercussions—if you get my drift).

I’ll tell ya, fletch, it feels like ‘dead weight’ some days----it is almost like the family is sabotaging my every effort to get ahead (no cooperation/no help from the ranks). I know that real estate will be the ‘vehicle’ that will pull us back out of the hole…and I am bound and determined to succeed if KILLS me doin’ it!!!

:slight_smile:

Enjoy the bounty of your harvest. It is WORTH all the struggles.

Susan

AWESOME SITE! CIRCLE OF LIFE POST, SUPPORT, ETC.! - Posted by Tim Randle - Austin

Posted by Tim Randle - Austin on September 17, 1999 at 08:31:44:

I just wanted to thank everyone for their support and contributions. There’s too many folks to name. I just read the Circle of Life thread (almost gone, near the bottom) and it blew me away.

It’s difficult to describe, but the people on this site make you feel like family. Much of that credit goes to those who monitor this site and do their best to ensure certain standards of quality and morality. I read as many of the posts as I can and learn more every day. I haven’t gotten my wife hooked on CREO yet, but I’m working on it.

Is it February yet? I’m looking forward to meeting all the people who so generously share their time and knowledge. Thank you very much.

Re: AWESOME SITE! CIRCLE OF LIFE POST, SUPPORT, ETC.! - Posted by Herb McCandless

Posted by Herb McCandless on September 18, 1999 at 08:18:41:

I started buying a house for myself living in it a year and selling moving up to a nicer house. I rolled the money over and now I live in a 160,000 house with a 500. 15 year mortgage. Then I realized I could do this with any house.

The house that got my wife interested was one i bought in Oct. 1996 to live in. We bought it from a bank for $60,000 I worked for a mortgage broker then and I just did a loan on one 2 blocks away for $85,000. We bought the house worked on it a month before we moved in lived it it 30 months, until I bought the house Im in now. It just appraised for $91,000. I only owe $40,000 on it so I decided to refi cash out $40,000 to buy another house free and clear that I will rehab and sell. The house is rented for $775 a month with a pmt of $750. But after we sold the junker we bought with the cash out of the refi we paid $10,000 down on the loan. My goal is to have my primary residence and that one house paid for in three years. Im 31 and dont know many ppl who could say that.

I know you gurus say dont use your money paying down notes use it to make money, however I have the money available to me to do a deal if I need it so this is what I chose to do.

Good Luck

Herb McCandless

Re: AWESOME SITE! CIRCLE OF LIFE POST, SUPPORT, ETC.! - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on September 17, 1999 at 08:34:43:

Make some $$$. It hooks the wives everytime.

Best wishes in your endeavors.

Re: AWESOME SITE! CIRCLE OF LIFE POST, SUPPORT, ETC.! - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on September 18, 1999 at 09:30:00:

I firmly believe that paying off all personal debt including mortgages is a very noble goal. I plan on doing the same with the new home wife & I just bought. Only 29 1/2 years to go. :slight_smile:

In spite of everything, debt is what causes people to get into financial ruin. How many debtless people ever go insolvent or have to file bankruptcy?

Re: AWESOME SITE! CIRCLE OF LIFE POST, SUPPORT, ETC.! - Posted by tbowen

Posted by tbowen on September 17, 1999 at 10:38:16:

I am in the process of hooking my wife on REI now. I have been doing rentals and rehabs for several years but always put the money back into houses. She really wants and inground pool bad, I told we did not have the money for one but if she would like help turn over a house I would take all of the profits and she could have a pool. It took her about 5 minutes to say OK, what do I have to lose.

Re: AWESOME SITE! CIRCLE OF LIFE POST, SUPPORT, ETC.! - Posted by Herb McCandless

Posted by Herb McCandless on September 18, 1999 at 10:32:03:

Make a goal and STICK TO IT. My house is a 15 year am. on a 3 year baloon. I never intend to refinance it March 2002=clear deed.

Herb McCandless

Re: AWESOME SITE! CIRCLE OF LIFE POST, SUPPORT, ETC.! - Posted by fletch

Posted by fletch on September 17, 1999 at 18:52:47:

When my wife and I got together she wanted nothing to do with REI. Now she is driving a 98 blazer (paid for) and can’t wait for me to put a “I buy houses, call xxx-xxxx” sign on the side of it! She is is also building a website related to REI for me. We have a saying. “It’s always the money”…

Sure wish I could re-motivate Mr. Kenny to get back into tha wheelin’ & dealin’… - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on September 17, 1999 at 15:04:48:

'cause it’s LONELY out here by myself! :slight_smile:

He’s burned out right now so I will have to give him some time and trudge on alone for now.

…but it SURE would speed things up a bit if I had some help from him…

Last week I took him cruisin’ through my mobile home park to look at the ones for sale. I said, “Hey Kenny, see any challenges out there that you might be interested in taking on?” He answered, “no…” (end of subject) sign…

Man of few words, I guess… :slight_smile:

HEY! ENJOY that pool when you get it put in! Have a nice weekend.

SUSAN