Avoid RE when buying. Please help - Posted by D

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on January 15, 2002 at 22:07:43:

Yeah, that would work.

Knock, Knock.

Hello.

I don’t want to call your agent to find out your name and phone number, so would you tell me your name and phone number?

If you are at the door, you might as well be there to deal with them.

Avoid RE when buying. Please help - Posted by D

Posted by D on January 10, 2002 at 09:48:28:

How do i find out the name and phone number of a seller? I don’t want to call the real estate agent from the number on the darn sign in the front yard of the seller’s house.

Re: Avoid RE when buying. Please help - Posted by GL

Posted by GL on January 15, 2002 at 09:50:47:

You could knock on the door and ask them.

Re: Avoid RE when buying. Please help - Posted by Suzanne

Posted by Suzanne on January 11, 2002 at 14:10:42:

Have you tried dialing 411 directory to get a phone number, or do a reverse address search?

To do a little investagting you can go to Domeinnaam Nedsite.nl overnemen? Koop nu en start met je plan.
which has a list of free and paid online services.

Or you could hire a skip tracer and pay them $10 to $20 to do the searches for you.

Before you try to do a deal with the owner, it would be best to wait until the property is no longer listed with the agent. As long as the property is listed, the real estate agent will get their commission no matter how the house sells.

Agents do not like investors sneaking behind their back. A good way to get into trouble, even if it is just to say if you don’t sell your house with the agent contact us. What would happen if the owner tells the agent? Not sure, but what could happen is the agent will do everything in their power to get the owner to believe what you have to offer is illegal and to stay away from you. Then they would contact you repremanding you and tell you it is illegal to talk to the owner while it is listed. The agent does have the house under contract with the owner.

What you could do is mail a general flyer about your business to the different houses in the area, which would include the house that has the realtor sign in front of it. If the realtor contacts you about it, you can just say you were targeting that neighborhood and not a particular house. When you see the sign go down and if it hasen’t sold, then you can talk to the owners directly. Otherwise you will have to go through the agent.

Re: Avoid RE when buying. Please help - Posted by John Huckaby

Posted by John Huckaby on January 10, 2002 at 10:11:28:

You can probably take the address to the county tax office and get the information from them.