Atlanta Investors Read This - Posted by Josh

Posted by Josh on September 08, 2005 at 15:36:00:

Thanks. I’ll have to look into that.

Atlanta Investors Read This - Posted by Josh

Posted by Josh on September 08, 2005 at 14:17:18:

I just moved to Atlanta and would like to get to know other experienced investors. I know there’s a lot of you out there! Where do ya’ll get together? We went to a GAREIA meeting awhile back, but everyone, and I mean everyone we met had little to no experience. Thanks.

Re: Atlanta Investors Read This - Posted by Atlanta_bob

Posted by Atlanta_bob on September 12, 2005 at 16:59:47:

Hey Josh:

As you may know, there are 3 REIA’s in metro-Atlanta: 1) GaREIA that meets on the 2nd Monday of each month and dozens of subgroups that meet thru-out each month. 2) The REIA that was mentioned by Jeffrey and 3) North GaREIA that meets on 3rd Tuesday of each month in Cartersville’s Holiday Inn off Exit 293 on I-75 North. Each REIA group offers a distinct level of information. Many GaREIA members focus inside I-285 while most North GaREIA members invest outside I-285 (in the northern counties, like: Bartow, Cherokee, Gordon, etc.).

Your best bet is to talk to many, many investors until you find one (or a group) who will share their REI experiences with you. Keep talking to people! You’ll find lots of investors in ATL.

Hope this helps.

Atlanta_bob

Re: Atlanta Investors Read This - Posted by Stephen Ford

Posted by Stephen Ford on September 09, 2005 at 09:31:32:

Hit the full-timers subgroup because, well, it is for full-time investors in the Atlanta area :slight_smile:

Re: Atlanta Investors Read This - Posted by Jeffrey W. Goodiel

Posted by Jeffrey W. Goodiel on September 08, 2005 at 23:14:04:

Josh, We have another investors group that meets the 1st Thurs. of each month. It’s smaller then GaREIA and the networking is much better.
Visit their site at:
http://www.reiatl.com
JayDub

GaREIA not so bad - Posted by TaMo-Atlanta

Posted by TaMo-Atlanta on September 08, 2005 at 15:17:48:

If you want to find experienced people at the GaREIA general meeting look to those that are selling properties. The subgroups tend to be a bit more experienced. Otherwise, I’d like to hear how other investors in Atlanta pow-wow.

Neal McSpadden

Re: Atlanta Investors Read This - Posted by michaela-ATL

Posted by michaela-ATL on September 08, 2005 at 15:16:25:

Josh,

If everyone, that you met had no experience, then you didn’t meet the right people. There are tons of experiences and ‘big time’ investors at the meetings.
You should consider joining a subgroup. That allows you to meet more people one on one.

Michaela

Re: Atlanta Investors Read This - Posted by michaela-ATL

Posted by michaela-ATL on September 09, 2005 at 11:39:44:

Stephen,

I know, that the early birds fulltimers group is only by invitation, as it’s full. Josh did not specify, that he’s fulltime.

Michaela