ASKING ABOUT PHONE SEMINARS ??? - Posted by ssg

Posted by Amos on August 11, 2007 at 19:37:56:

These phone seminars or teleconferences are free but most have a hook. They either want you to buy a book or other product. They also want you to buy a boot camp where they will teach you advanced techniques or mentoring. It can cost you thousands but it might be worthwhile if you know absolutely nothing about creative real estate.

ASKING ABOUT PHONE SEMINARS ??? - Posted by ssg

Posted by ssg on August 11, 2007 at 08:06:24:

I’ve have seen Ads and getting Emails for Phone Conferences. And they say free. Buy was wondering, cause can’t actually be free, do they ask for credit cards to bill or do they go towards your phone bill. I have limited funds thats why asking about this. Anyone done these before, would appreciate to know your experience.

Thanks
Stan

80% - 20% Rule - Posted by Penny

Posted by Penny on August 17, 2007 at 08:15:37:

I agree with Amos. Whether it is in person or a teleconference, expect the vast majority of the free seminars to spend most of the time of the event building up a sales pitch toward whatever it is they are selling. My experience has been that the events for free are the shorter, teaser type events.

The knowledge content of the presentations tends to be light. This is because their goal is to sell their flagship products (the 80% part) by showing how easy it is to succeed with their products, not provide any real in-depth training for free (the 20% part).

That said, if you don’t mind tuning out the sales pitch, you may learn some interesting tidbits of knowledge that are useful (the 20% part) during the freebie sessions. It just depends on your current knowledge and what you are looking to learn.