Appraisal came in 50K low, any ideas? - Posted by JON

Posted by David Krulac on February 17, 2005 at 22:59:16:

give it to him, Have a first for almost $500,000k with a bank and you take a second for $40,000 or $50,000, and everybody is happy including you, the buyer, the bank and the appraiser. Everybody lives happily everafter.

Appraisal came in 50K low, any ideas? - Posted by JON

Posted by JON on February 16, 2005 at 21:57:05:

I have a buyer who submited a contract without any contingencies (no inspection or anything) but since the lender require appraisal we went with it.

I listed at $540k, He offered $550k but unfortunately the appraisal came in at $500.

Other similar (but newer) properties in this ‘hot area’ are going for $510 at this time and seem to be appreciating at a rate of $4000k ~ $9000k a month.

Buyer’s agent says they will try using another appraisal company but we’re already on our 3rd appraiser who claimed they can ‘Hit the Number’ but haven’t done so.

Re: Appraisal came in 50K low, any ideas? - Posted by Sean

Posted by Sean on February 18, 2005 at 08:17:36:

Guys willing to pay 50k over market value, on a 1/2 Million dollar home… and will still do it even if appraisal is low… and needs a mortgage to buy it? I don’t know, I’d be watching this guy myself… the smell test seems to be catching a wiff of fishiness.

Anyway, Take the highest appraisal, let him get what he can get from the bank and take back a second for the difference… provided of course what he gets in the first and his cas will cover whatever you need to pay and give you a profit.

Re: Appraisal came in 50K low, any ideas? - Posted by MikeJ-Fl

Posted by MikeJ-Fl on February 17, 2005 at 07:37:30:

Does he have a nice BMW you’d like to own?

Re: Appraisal came in 50K low, any ideas? - Posted by abstract

Posted by abstract on February 16, 2005 at 22:15:43:

“I listed at $540k, He offered $550k but unfortunately” the appraisal came in at $500.

Other similar (but newer) properties in this ‘hot area’ are going for $510
So I guess Joe Smoo.,is gone come along and offer a offer on a property that you listed for 540k,and he offered 550k, and now everybody is informed by a tird-party that the prop’ is worth 500k.And in this hot market everything is going for 510k, when joe smoo., buys, call me,I want to sell him the Golden Gate Bridge.

how to grill a turkey - Posted by how to grill a turkey

Posted by how to grill a turkey on February 08, 2006 at 13:01:08:

auto grills barbecue gas grill online broilmaster premium gas grills mouth grills china grill panini grill stainless steel grills coho grill johnny’s grill star cinema grill gas barbecue grill great outdoors grill parts portable gas grill brinkmann grills brinkman smoker grills grills outdoor cooking thermos gas grills brinkman smoker grills barbecue grill charcoal ducane grills charbroil grill parts great outdoors grill co barbeque grill make me a grill diamond grills charbroil grill fire magic gas grills indoor grills speaker grills q grill custom grills members mark grill george forman g5 grill red rock canyon grill red mesa grill camellia grill portable camping grill tailgate grill diamond grills grill guard

The Property is not worth $540K or $550K - Posted by Johnbull

Posted by Johnbull on February 17, 2005 at 06:37:24:

The property is worth between $500K and $510K.

You are asking above market, and the buyer is a fool.

… buyer wants to buy regardless - Posted by Jon

Posted by Jon on February 17, 2005 at 22:02:03:

The buyers agent says buyer wants to buy regardless
since his new job is very close to this house
and schools in this upscale neighborhood have a significantly better reputation. Seems like one appraiser finally came up with $525. I’m wondering if I should reduce the price or have him come up with the rest in cash at closing.

There are about 9 new highrise office buildings being built all within 2 minute walking distance so it’s quite obvious that this property will continue to appreciate (at the least, the cashflow from rent would get better) even if I don’t sell right now but I am trying to use the money for another more lucrative investment.