Any idea on how much a used clawfoot tub is worth? - Posted by TCR_Va

Posted by Jeff on March 06, 2003 at 12:16:40:

Depends on the size and if your willing to haul it. These things are heavy. 4-1/2 foot and 6 foot models go for more. A standard size that needs refinishing I can get a $100 bucks for if I’m lucky.

Any idea on how much a used clawfoot tub is worth? - Posted by TCR_Va

Posted by TCR_Va on March 06, 2003 at 09:23:06:

Has anyone got any idea how much a clawfoot tub is worth? Someone I know wants to buy a used one as-is.

Troy
rossinvestments@attbi.com

Re: idea on how much a used clawfoot tub is worth? - Posted by js-Indianapolis

Posted by js-Indianapolis on March 06, 2003 at 14:32:06:

I’ve got a 4 foot, and a 5 foot tub. everyone wants the 4 foot. I know the 4’s and 6’s sell higher, and faster than the 5 foot somethings. I’m talking about feet, as in 12 inches. I think I was offered $100 for the 4’, over the phone, any condition, by an antiques reseller. It’s worth more, much more. Now the 5’ tub, I got free, and doubt it’s worth much unrestored.

also, look on the bottom of the tub for a date that is stamped in. The older, the better. Be careful rubbing the chipped paint, and rust off the sides, if there is some. I’d be pretty sure it was lead based. If you do knock some off, do not eat it, okay?

used clawfoot tub - Posted by Shawn J. Dostie

Posted by Shawn J. Dostie on March 06, 2003 at 13:17:31:

Check Ebay. The price for a new acrylic copy is over $1200.00 in my town, However I have an old one sitting in storage. Too heavy to move.

Good Luck,
Shawn(OH)

depends on… - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on March 06, 2003 at 11:22:41:

your local market,
condition of the tub,
completness
other matching fixtures
I’ve seen Free to $50 to$1,000

However, there are many that get hauled to the dump, IMHO supply exceeds demand at least here.

David Krulac
Central Pennsylvania

used clawfoot tub is worth? - Posted by michaela-ATL

Posted by michaela-ATL on March 06, 2003 at 10:13:31:

Troy,
this may be different in your market. Here, in Atlanta, you can generally buy them for $ 175 with all 4 feet (neccessary, because you’ll never find another foot that’s matching. Every company seemed to have a different size, method of attaching and changed that every year). Usually those still need to get refinished (about $ 250), if you want it for a resale property.

michaela