Any advice for a beginner - Posted by Adam

Posted by David G (OR) on May 17, 2002 at 14:39:25:

Can you share what you did to ‘market your services’.
How many flyers, bandit signs, phone calls, etc…?
to neighborhoods, newpaper ads, attorneys, etc…?

Any advice for a beginner - Posted by Adam

Posted by Adam on May 17, 2002 at 13:08:36:

I am from south florida and just graduated from college. I have the entire summer to delve into real estate and learn as much as I can before I move up to New York City and start working full-time in October. Sicne there are so many areas in real estate to learn about, I’m trying to really gain knowledge in a few key areas to get me started on my way. I have some capital and decent credit. I would appreciate any recommendations for courses I should look into or areas that would be most beneficial. Also, what time-frame do people normally look at before making any money with real estate (months, years). Thanks.

I’m also a beginner and doing pretty good! - Posted by Marcus(Dallas)

Posted by Marcus(Dallas) on May 17, 2002 at 14:11:39:

I too am a beginner. I’ve had a hard time getting started because I had no capital and horrible credit. My first deal was a flip. I put a run-down house under contract and sold to an investor that rehabs houses. I made a quick $2000. I now focus primarily on “pretty houses”. I look for lease/purchase and subject to deals. Through determination and persistence I will probably net about $10,000 profit this month. I have a couple of deals lined up for next month that will net me about $40,000 if everything goes according to plan. Needless to say I am thrilled to death. I’m only 23 years old and a college dropout and will possibly make more in one month than most of my family makes in one year.

As far as courses. I studied Ron LeGrand’s FSBO, Lease Option, and Wholesale/Retail Courses. They were a wealth of knowledge because I had no knowledge of the real estate industry. I received my first check in about 30days after studying the course.

I been investing for about 6 months now, so it doesn’t take long to get going. I actually think I got off to a slow start compared to some people that hit the ground running from day one.

With capital and credit your chances are pretty good that you’ll hit the ground running… if you have the right knowledge.

God Bless and let me know if I can help in anyway.

Marcus(Dallas)