Another Lonnie Question - Posted by TC

Posted by TC on August 18, 1999 at 19:31:30:

If you personaly sell over 1 MH per year I understand from previuos post here that you are required to get a liscense (tx).I have heard that this procedure takes a few hours out of your day at a cost of about $225.As far as getting sued for retailing,I think that anyone who is in any type of bussiness is opening themselves up to get sued.I think that you have to protect yourself going in (LLC,trust ect.)Hope this helps(keeping in mind that I have not done a Lonnie deal as of today)

Another Lonnie Question - Posted by TC

Posted by TC on August 16, 1999 at 20:11:29:

I was just making a few calls on MH’s out of newspaper and happened to talk with a dealer that had said that you are required by law (Texas) to give a habitational warranty when you sell a MH.Is this something that will be covered when you apply for license? He also said that if you plan on retailing homes,that you had better know whats what or you will probably get your butt sued and that you cant just buy a MH set up in a park and resale with ower finacing/
He said though he has a lot of trade in’s on his lot like a 85 model 3/2 that he would sell for 1k.
Is this someone that I may be able to work with or should I have him buy one of Lonnie’s course’s first( ha ha ).

Re: Another Lonnie Question - Posted by T. L. Schell

Posted by T. L. Schell on August 18, 1999 at 11:04:54:

Hi T C,
Like you, I am new to the MH buy/sell bus. I am however, behind you and would appreciate it if you would tell me if you have to have a license to do the Lonnie type deals in Texas (I’m in Hou area)? My other concern has to do with your reference to what the Dealer told you about “getting your butt sued for Retailing homes.” Am I wrong to think that with Lonnie’s system, you are not “retailing” or am I deluding myself???
I would appreciate your advice or any other knowing person’s advice…

T. L.