AM I THINKING TO BIG FOR A 19YR OLD??? - Posted by Tony

Posted by Wes Schaeffer on February 28, 2004 at 21:42:22:

Tony,
GO FOR IT! Don’t wait to live. There’s no “right” age to become an entrepreneur and don’t count on corporate America to give you a gold watch in 30 years.

AM I THINKING TO BIG FOR A 19YR OLD??? - Posted by Tony

Posted by Tony on February 28, 2004 at 11:40:27:

I’m 19 yrs old and been seriously into r.e investing for about 2yrs. I’m tired of waiting, and I want to get out and start. I’m a student at the time and have just a part time job(barely any money). I’ve seen plenty of duplex’s and single families that are distressed and can make a lot of profit. I was thinking if I use a hard money lender for the purchase price and rehab then when I’m done with the work I can rent it out and refi. Is this a realistic idea or am I dreaming. Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks.

Re: AM I THINKING TO BIG FOR A 19YR OLD??? - Posted by jasonrei

Posted by jasonrei on March 01, 2004 at 16:11:54:

Sounds like a realistic plan. I’ve done it a couple of times (hard money, rehab, rent out, then refi). Certainly isn’t BIG thinking. It’s a very common thing.

Age shouldn’t be a factor except for the fact that you probably have very limited experience, but then so do many 50 year olds.
That you don’t claim a job with full-time pay hurts, but there are other ways to get the money.