All these Ads, How will mine get noticed? - Posted by DanP

Posted by Rob PA on January 15, 2002 at 10:44:54:

Dave,
I am also in the Phila, PA area. I was wondering if, you belong to any investment clubs yourself. I am still very new in the real estate market.
Thank you,
Rob

All these Ads, How will mine get noticed? - Posted by DanP

Posted by DanP on January 15, 2002 at 08:38:07:

I looked in my local papers to see if anyone else in the area was investing in RE. I say about 20-30 different versions of the “We buy Houses” ads. When I start what will make someone call me instead of the 30 others out there?

Re: All these Ads, How will mine get noticed? - Posted by Mary

Posted by Mary on January 15, 2002 at 18:16:40:

Find out what order your newspaper places the ads and then design your ad so you are the first one. This was suggested about a week ago on cre. If the number 1 goes first then you need to say something like I buy houses but use the number 1 for the letter I. I dont think most people wil call all 30 but they probably will call the first 3 or 4. You be the first.

Re: All these Ads, How will mine get noticed? - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on January 15, 2002 at 17:28:05:

I can assure you that if there are 30 people running ads in the same paper there are enough calls to keep them all happy or they wouldn’t be advertising there.

Feel blessed that there are enough opportunities to keep so many people happy.

You should be more concerned with what you do with the calls when you get them rather then how you are going to get the phone to ring. The phone is obviously ringing, or the others wouldn’t be there.

Happy Investing!

Steve

Re: All these Ads, How will mine get noticed? - Posted by cal

Posted by cal on January 15, 2002 at 15:29:23:

Carey PA, I am also in the Phila area, in Chester County. I found out about DIG and I am planning to go to the January 31 meeting. Maybe I’ll see you there. I am very, very new to investing, just starting out.

Re: All these Ads, How will mine get noticed? - Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA)

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on January 15, 2002 at 10:42:20:

As Carey pointed out, call them back ASAP so they remember you and you find out if the deal is a go or not.

I think it is beneficial to have the ad go directly to your cell phone, others belive the phone should ring to the answering machine; you make the call.

If it rang right into your cell phone that is on you, you don’t miss calls.

Re: All these Ads, How will mine get noticed? - Posted by Talia (NY)

Posted by Talia (NY) on January 15, 2002 at 09:13:55:

Funny,

I looked in a major daily newspaper in my area and only found ONE of those “we buy houses” ads…I clipped it because they might be a potential wholesale buyer for me to flip to.

-TAP

Re: All these Ads, How will mine get noticed? - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on January 15, 2002 at 08:50:55:

Dan,

They are not going to pick YOUR ad over someone elses ad. They will however call ALL of those ads, so your job is to be different then the other 20-30 people that have those ads.

The way you should be different is by CALLING BACK THE SELLER ASAP WHEN THEY LEAVE YOU A MESSAGE and if you think it’s a potential deal then GO OUT THERE TO MEET THEM ASAP!

In my local paper, there are plenty of these ads too and of course mine is one of them. I have had sellers tell me several times that I was the ONLY person that called them back!

BE DIFFERENT, CALL 'EM BACK QUICKLY!

CAREY

Posted by Carey_PA on January 15, 2002 at 23:59:46:

hey there,

i just moved from chesco. i was in downingtown. where are you at?? i actually work in exton.

look forward to seeing ya!

CAREY

Re: All these Ads, How will mine get noticed? - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on January 15, 2002 at 17:31:57:

Carey,

I would agree with you if there were 2-3 ads, but I don’t believe that anyone is going to call all 30 ads unless they are a newbie investor trying to put together a buyers list.

Because of the number of ads, there may need to be some creative advertising to draw attention to your ad to better your chances. However the phone is going to ring regardless of what your ad says. There are plenty of people responding to those ads otherwise they wouldn’t be in the paper.

I think that people may target 3-5 ads at most and those are the ones they are going to call.

Happy Investing,

Steve

Amen Carey (nt) - Posted by Marcos

Posted by Marcos on January 15, 2002 at 10:07:14:

Re: All these Ads, How will mine get noticed? - Posted by DavePA

Posted by DavePA on January 15, 2002 at 08:53:36:

Carey I was wandering where about in PA do you live? I currently am near the Philly area. And do you belong to any investment clubs? Thank you, dave

Posted by Carey_PA on January 15, 2002 at 13:13:03:

Dave and Rob,

I’m in Montgomery County. (Lower Pottsgrove to be exact)

I belong to D.I.G. (Dignified Investors Group) they meet the last thursday of every month at the Ft. Washington Holiday Inn. RIght off of the Ft. Washington exit of the turnpike.

I’m about 45 min to 1 hr. from Philly.

CAREY