Advertising - Paying others for work - Posted by Scott

Posted by MSchmidt (IL) on September 18, 2001 at 20:17:01:

I have thought about paying others to have my sign on their cars. What seemed the most attractive to me would be to ask all callers how they heard about you. When they say I seen your sign on your car…ask which car…white one, blue one etc.

The person whos car it was seen on gets $300+ per deal or something like that anyway.

Advertising - Paying others for work - Posted by Scott

Posted by Scott on September 18, 2001 at 14:04:06:

Hello. I searched the archives, but couldn’t find much… what are you guys currently paying people to put out bandit signs, door hangers, flyers, etc? Do you prefer to pay them per hour, or per piece?

Also, is anyone paying other people to put magnetic signs on their cars? If so, how much? Monthly?

As always, thanks a lot for your help.

Scott

Thanks everyone! (nt) - Posted by Scott

Posted by Scott on September 19, 2001 at 21:19:36:

nt

Re: Advertising - Paying others for work - Posted by Jim FL

Posted by Jim FL on September 18, 2001 at 23:08:05:

Scott,
I’m not currently paying anyone to place my signs out, but I’ve done it before.
I have paid from $.50 to $1.00 per sign, IF the signs were to be placed out and removed over a weekend.
When they are just placing them out and leaving them, then it is a flat $.50/sign.
Flyers, I paid some kids to pass them out.
I just gave them $30 for a couple of hours time in an afternoon to cover a neighborhood.

As for signs on others cars, I don’t have any out at the moment, but have discussed it with some people here, for $40/month.
They were fine with that, and we are just waiting to get some signs to give them to use.
No bonus per deal or anything, because frankly, most callers are not going to remember what car they saw the sign on.
Besides, what if I have 5 sets out there and all are on white cars?
Can I expect sellers to remember the plate number or something?
NOT!

Besides, they are getting paid to basically do nothing but drive around like they do daily anyway, just with my sign on the car.

We shall see how that goes…should have about 3 cars out there with my signs in the next two weeks or so.

HTH,
Jim FL

Re: Advertising - Paying others for work - Posted by Tom – IN

Posted by Tom – IN on September 18, 2001 at 22:00:35:

I’ve been paying about $50 per thousand for flyers.

And I’m offering a variable bonus for car signs, depending how profitable the deal turns out to be.