advertising for motivated sellers - Posted by ernie

Posted by Dannielle on September 22, 2004 at 24:08:59:

I’ve been trying to do CA’s for a few months now by contacting expired MLS listings and FSBO’s with no luck. Do you mind sharing a little about your approach? Also how exactly do you structure your CA? What do you offer them? Thanks in advance for any advice.

advertising for motivated sellers - Posted by ernie

Posted by ernie on September 18, 2004 at 23:34:58:

any ideas on attracting motivated sellers? If you are a full time investor, answer this just how are you finding motivated seller on an every day basis? I have tried calling on fsbo about 50 per day tried frbo about the same, mailed out letters via snail about 100 to 150 e-mail about 30 posted signs on phone post about 100 around three different places placed a classified ad on a penny saver and got only one responce. So my responce rate is at the lowest what else can I do or should say or do? Please help.

Re: advertising for motivated sellers - Posted by Chyna

Posted by Chyna on September 19, 2004 at 20:04:13:

Rister has an excellent course (occasionally on e-bay) on finding motivated sellers. Conti and Finkel suggest calling “aged” ads only…the ones in the paper several weeks ago…since the longer their house doesn’t sell, the more motivated they might be. Also, you might want to go after expired MLS listings but you’ll need a real estate agent’s help to do it.
Good luck,
Chyna

Re: advertising for motivated sellers - Posted by DP (ON)

Posted by DP (ON) on September 19, 2004 at 09:53:19:

When you call FSBO/FRBOs what do you say? Also what are you offering them?

If you’re calling 50 a day and not getting any deals, something is very wrong! I’m about to sign a second CA out of my last 8 calls to FSBOs, and I live in a sellers market…not as hot as California or Florida (before the hurricanes)…but a solid sellers market nonetheless, with record sales and appreciation 5 years running.