Adverse Possesion in Arizona - Posted by Rick Clark

Posted by KPC on August 29, 2005 at 10:53:15:

I don’t know very much about this, except from RE school, I think the issue is complicated. Are you in this situation? Get an attorney. Curious? look up the state statutes. Just google Arizona Revised Statutes. I will look at my RE schoolbooks and see if I can come up with a simple answer.

Adverse Possesion in Arizona - Posted by Rick Clark

Posted by Rick Clark on June 09, 2005 at 12:35:42:

My family owns approx 500 acres in Navajo County Arizona, it is raw grazing land. We have paid taxes and are current. My uncle recently passed away and we sold the property, on recording the sale , we found that the neighbor rancher , filed a adverse possesion claim and recorded it, for all the sections including the one we own in both townships of this County. Any suggestions, we were never notified of this action , it was filed in 96, nothing was ever said , regarding this on chit chat visits we ran into each other going in and or out of the ranch.

so what happen since June 9 ? NT - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on June 22, 2005 at 19:10:02:

`

Re: Adverse Possesion in Arizona - Posted by KPC

Posted by KPC on June 16, 2005 at 13:18:22:

Rick, update us on this. What did you find out?

Run to attorney on Monday… - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on June 11, 2005 at 09:32:13:

don’t know the time period in AZ, it ranges from 5 years CA to 30 years LA. The claim may or may not valid. Adverse possession requires open, hostile, notorious, and exclusive claim. Some states don’t require the taxes to be paid by the claimer.

Re: so what happen since June 9 ? NT - Posted by Rick Clark

Posted by Rick Clark on June 23, 2005 at 11:50:51:

Well , I contacted the guy that filed adverse possession, I wanted to shoot him, but my new anger management class said not too. I explained that he should , consider changing his position on this matter, and that he clouded our title, long and short he signed quit claim deed for us. The sale recorded and we will live happily ever after. It appeared his motivation was the Farm subsidies he recieved in 1996. He went from none in 95 to over 35,000 in 96, the same year he filed adverse claim on two townships in Navajo County. Thanks Rick

Re: Adverse Possesion in Arizona - Posted by Jim

Posted by Jim on August 27, 2005 at 10:53:58:

What are the rules on adverse possesion in Arizona.Is it 10 years of possesion and what about paying the taxes.Does the person who is adversly possesing property have to file an action and what if they have not filed.Can a new owner of property being effected by adverse possesion regain their property rights.