ad help - Posted by Les (KY)

Posted by Fran CA on July 16, 2001 at 21:37:34:

Les,

Realtors will run ads trying to build a buyers list and that is exactly what your ad sounds like. I would have told the person that you don’t have a 3 bedroom available currently, but you can put them on your list to call them back when one comes available.

As for your ad, I think that the only reason you got one call was that it is too wordy. Keep it simple.

I like Ron LeGrand’s ad the best:

LEASE PURCHASE (in bold letters)
Dunwoody, 3/2, 1689 SF, (he puts the city house is located)
2-car Gar, Pool, $149,000
555-5555

Keep it simple. Your ad really sounds like a realtor and some people just don’t want to deal with realtors. Try making the change and see if it works. He also suggestions not mentioning the down or monthly payments. This way you can ask them how much they can pay a month and down. Let me know how you do.

Good Luck,

Fran

ad help - Posted by Les (KY)

Posted by Les (KY) on July 16, 2001 at 20:19:54:

We ran this ad this weekend, it has generated one call of someone looking for a 3 bedroom.
What’s wrong with the ad?

NO Bank Qualifying
Rental Purchase
Looking for first time homebuyer that wants pride of ownership. As little as 3 payments get you in. Charming
2 bedroom; Completely renovated; new HVAC system; good
neigborhood. 555-5555

Re: ad help - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on July 17, 2001 at 15:56:16:

Hmmm, too much info. if you ask me.

I got over 500 calls with this ad:

Rent to Own, Area, 3 br, 2 ba. rancher. Call for details. xxx-xxxx.

You could put $xxx/mo. with $xxx/mo. rent credit to narrow down the calls to the ones that can afford your monthly payment.

after you get the calls, you’re going to have to further qualify them to make sure they have the upfront money.

Good luck and be prepared for a lot of calls!!

CAREY